Transcribed by Judy Benson
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 339-340 probate year 1923
|Will of John Francis Williams|
|In re JOSEPH FRANCIS WILLIAMS. DECEASED.
I, Joseph Francis Williams of Bay Bulls Planter, do make publish and declare this as and for my last will and testament hereby revoking all other and former wills.
I appoint Thomas G. Williams of Bay Bulls Merchant, to be the Executor of this my will directing him as soon as possible after my death to pay all my just debts funeral and testamentary expenses.
1. I give devise and bequeath unto my wife Eliza Williams the land, premises and dwelling house now occupied by me together with all household furniture and effects, also that piece of land attached to land on which dwelling stands and known as the “Kitchen Garden”.
2. I give devise and bequeath all that piece or parcel of land situate on West Side of Main River Bay Bulls and bounded by land of one Ryan and Ronayne and by Graveyard Road, also that piece or parcel of land known as “Riverside Garden” with that piece or parcel of land adjoining “Riverside Garden” and also adjoining Cemetery to my wife Eliza Williams.
3. I give devise and bequeath to my wife Eliza Williams my joint interest in common with my cousins in the fishing room and premises situate at Riverhead Bay Bulls which joint interest is one sixth of said property.
4. I give devise and bequeath to my wife Eliza Williams my two Cows also my Horse.
5. I give devise and bequeath to my two sisters Regina Mulcahy and Sister Angelius to be equally divided between them the sum of One thousand dollars at present invested in a Government Victory Bond.
The rest residue and remainder of all property of which I may die possessed I give devise and bequeath unto my wife.
In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my hand at Bay Bulls this 19th day of April A. D. 1920. JOSEPH F. WILLIAMS.
Signed Published and Declared by the said Testator as and for his last will and testament in our presence, who in his presence, at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our hands as witnesses.
Witness Patrick J. Scott
Witness Frederick J. Williams.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following
Fiat March 29/23
to Thomas G.