Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 10 pages 565-566 probate year 1917
Will of John Joseph O'Reilly |
In re: JOHN JOSEPH O'REILLY. DECEASED.
This is the last will and Testament of me John Joseph O'Reilly of Saint John's in the Island of Newfoundland Grocer and Provision Dealer.
1. I give devise and bequeath all my real and personal property unto and to the use of my wife Emily Mary O'Reilly for her lifetime or for so long as she shall remain unmarried.
2. Upon the death of my said wife or in the event of her remarriage I give devise and bequeath my said property as follows:
(3) I appoint my wife Emily Mary O'Reilly sole executrix of this my will. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand at St. John's this 13th day of November A.D. 1909. - John J. O'Reilly - Signed Published and declared by the said John Joseph O'Reilly as his last will and testament in the presence of us who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. John Joseph Aylward 292 Water Street. John Fenelon Water St. St. John's N.F.
Charles H. Emerson
- (a) to my nephew Patrick J. O'Reilly, son of my deceased brother Edward Alexander O'Reilly, my property on the Long Pond Road consisting of land dwelling house and appurtenances.
- (b) to my nephew John O'Reilly, son of Patrick J. O'Reilly, my lands on Kings Road Saint John's held under lease by one Williams.
- (c) to my nephew George O'Reilly, son of Patrick J. O'Reilly my land at the corner of Kings Road and Gower Street adjoining that devised in the last preceding paragraph and now vacant.
- (d) to my brothers George O'Reilly his executors, administrators and assigns, my interest in the premises on Water Street East now occupied by my brother Patrick J. O'Reilly.
- (e) to such priest or priests as my wife may appoint, or in default of such appointment to the Archbishop of Saint John's for the time being the sum of one Hundred Dollars for Masses for the repose of my soul.
- (f) to my niece Minnie Ryan the sum of Five Hundred Dollars.
- (g) to my niece Laura Ryan the sum of Five Hundred Dollars.
- (h) the balance or residue of my estate, after payment of the foregoing devises and bequests, in equal shares to my brothers George O'Reilly, Patrick J. O'Reilly and Albert W. O'Reilly and my nephew Patrick J. O'Reilly, son of my deceased brother Edward Alexander O'Reilly. In the event of my said brothers or any of them or my said nephew dying before my said wife, the share or portion of the brother, brothers, or nephew so dying shall be vested in and paid to his or their executors administrators or assigns.
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin of this will)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb