Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 402 probate year 1923
|Will of John Savage|
In re: JOHN SAVAGE. DECEASED.
1. I give to Margaret Coady wife of Richard Coady of Outer Cove Fisherman the sum of One hundred and Fifty dollars.
2. I give to Katherine Coady daughter of the said Margaret Coady the sum of Fifty Dollars.
3. I give to Bridget Power wife of Nicholas Power of Outer Cove Fisherman the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
4. I give to Anne Power wife of William Power of Outer Cove Fisherman the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
5. I give to the Archbishop of Saint Johnís the sum of Fifty Dollars for a High Mass and other Masses for the repose of my soul.
6. I give and devise to my grandson Stephen Power of Logy Bay Farmer all my farm, dwelling house, farm stock and utensils and household furniture together with all the rest residue and remainder of my money, property and estate of every description.
7. I appoint the said Stephen Power Executor of this my Will.
Witness my hand at Saint Johnís this 22nd day of April A.D. 1915. JOHN his X mark SAVAGE
Signed published and declared by the said Testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who at his request and in his presence and in the presence of each other (all present at the same time) have here unto subscribed our names as witnesses. (having been first read over and explained to and approved of by said testator.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following) Fiat June 26/23 Kent J.
Probate granted to Stephen Power. June 29/23. Estate Sworn at $2883.20
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb