Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While we have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Will of Lawrence Coady from Newfoundland will books volume 10 pages 216-217 probate year 1914
In re LAWRENCE COADY deceased
This is the last will and testament of me Lawrence Coady of St. Johnís Cooper.
3. On the death of my said wife I give devise and bequeath to my brother Walter Coady absolutely the whole of the said dwelling house number 22 Hamilton Street (subject as hereinafter provided as regards the ground rent thereof) together with the southern half of the land lying between the said dwelling house and the said cooperage at the rear thereof, and the use of the said passage way running from Hamilton Street to the said cooperage concurrently with the occupier of the said cooperage and the Northern portion of said land.
4. I give devise and bequeath to my nephew Nicholas Flynn of Saint Johnís Cooper absolutely the cooperage at the rear of the said dwelling house number 22 Hamilton Street; also the northern half of the land lying between the said house and the said cooperage and the use concurrently with the occupiers of the said house and the Southern portion of the said land, of the present passage way from Hamilton Street to the Cooperage.
5. I direct that the ground rent of the said dwelling house and the said cooperage and the land lying between them shall be apportioned between and borne by the said Walter Coady and the said Nicholas Flynn equally.
6. On the death of my said wife I give to my nephew Maurice Galgay one undivided half share or interest in the said dwelling house situate on New Gower Street. The other undivided half share or interest therein I give to the said Nicholas Flynn for his life and after his death to Thomas Lawrence Flynn son of my nephew John Flynn absolutely.
7. On the death of my said wife I give devise and bequeath to the Reverend Mother Superioress of Saint Patrickís Convent Riverhead Saint Johnís and her successors for the use of the convent my said house and land situate on Convent Square. I request that the said Reverend Mother Superioress and her successors will have celebrated two Masses per month for the repose of the souls of myself and my said wife.
8. All the residue and remainder of my estate and effects of every description I give devise and bequeath to my said wife absolutely and forever. Witness my hand at Saint Johnís aforesaid this twenty seventh day of December A.D. 1913. Lawrence Coady. Signed published and declared by the said testator as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us who at his request and in his presence and in the presence of each other all present at the same time have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. W.OíD. Kelly, Decr 27/13. Mary Burke, Dec. 27/13.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)