NL GenWeb Wills
|Will of Margaret Knowling Martin|
Vol 9 – Folio 256
In the Supreme Court
In re Margaret Knowling Martin
OATH OF ADMINISTRATOR
WITH THE WILL ANNEXED
Administration granted to Edward
on the 29th day of January
Value of Estate $4004.39
Sureties ? G. Martin and
TO THE HONOURABLE THE SUPREME COURT OF NEWFOUNDLAND OR ONE OF THE HONOURABLE THE JUDGES THEREOF.
THE PETITION of EDWARD PARSONS MARTIN at present residing in New York, in the United States of America, but formerly of St. John's in the Island of Newfoundland, and a British subject, Accountant, by his Solicitor, E. S. PINSENT, HUMBLY SHEWETH that:
1. Margaret Knowling Martin, formerly of St. John's, in the Island of Newfoundland, Married Woman, died at New York in the United States of America on the 10th day of December now last past, having previously made her Last Will and Testament, but did not appoint an Executor thereto.
2. The said deceased at the time of her death left property situate at St. John's, aforesaid, within the Jurisdiction of this Honourable Court.
3. The paper writing hereto annexed marked "A" is the Last Will and Testament of the said deceased proved upon the affidavit of Henry Black one of the subscribing witnesses thereto.
4. The paper writing hereto annexed marked "B" is a true inventory and valuation of the estate and effects of the said deceased so far as your Petitioner can at present ascertain.
5. The said deceased at the time of her death left, her surviving her husband, your Petitioner.
6. Neither Letters of Probate to any Will nor of Administration to the Estate and effects of the said deceased have been granted out of This Honourable Court to anyone.
Your Petitioner therefore, prays that this Honourable Court of Your Lordship may be pleased to grant to him Letters of Administration cum testamento annexo to the estate and effects of
In left margin at right angles to text
Fiat ?? Higgins J
the said deceased,
And, as in duty bound, will ever pray etc.
The 27th day of January A.D.
E. S. PINSENT,
ST. JOHN'S S.S.
I,Edward Parsons Martin, at present residing in New York, in the United States of America, but formerly of St. John's, in the Island of Newfoundland, and a British Subject, Accountant, make oath and say as follows:-
1. That I am the Petitioner named in the foregoing Petition,
2. That the several matters and things therein contained are correct and true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
SWORN at St. John's, in the Island of New-
COMMISSIONER OF AFFIDAVITS
SUPREME COURT OF NEWFOUNDLAND
In the section shown below the initials RG are written to the left of the 'A" .
‘A’ July 19th 1932
I leave everything to my husband
Signed in the presence of
the following witnesses
Jamie C. Black
This is the paper writing ‘A’ which is the affidavit of Henry Black made before me on the 9th day of January 1934 is deposed to be the last will and testament of Margaret Knowling Martin the testament? herein named.
Dated this 9th day of January 1934 Chester BM Laughlin
Com. Supreme Crt of Nfld.
Edward Parsons Martin was born in 1901 and was a son of William John Martin and Ellen Rowe.
The parents of William John Martin were Jonathan Parsons Martin and Elizabeth Holmes Hudson.
The parents of Ellen Rowe were George James Rowe and Elizabeth Tyack.