Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 502-503 probate year 1926
Will of Mary E. Dillon |
IN RE: MARY DILLON. DECEASED I appoint William Organ and his father Michael Organ my executors.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Mary Dillon of Thorburn Road in St. John's Newfoundland and I revoke all other wills by me made.
1. I give devise and bequeath to my sister Kate Murphy the three pieces of land situate on the North side of the Kenmount Rd and leased to Dr. Carnell. Arthur Miller and Joseph Dewling respectively forever and all my right title and interest in the said leases absolutely.
2. I give devise and bequeath to said Kate Murphy all that piece of land bounded on the North by the Long Marsh on the North East from a bridge to corner of Kenmount Road and Thorburn Road by said Thorburn Road on the South by said Kenmount Road and on the West by land leased as aforesaid to said Dr. Carnell, forever.
3. I give devise and bequeath to my nephew Walter Dillon all that piece of dry land bounded on the South by said Kenmount Road on the West by land leased as aforesaid to said Miller on the North by the Long Marsh and on the East by land leased as aforesaid to said Dewling forever.
4. I give devise and bequeath to Minnie wife of John Murphy all that piece of land situate the North East side of said Thorburn Road and commencing at a point at the first bridge on said Road from corner of said Road and Freshwater Road and running thence eighty feet towards said corner in South Easterly direction thence running approximately North East to a point on the Southern boundary of land of one Blackler thence along said last boundary in a Westerly direction to land of one Arthur O'Neil thence along said land of said Arthur O'Neil to said bridge the point of commencement forever.
5. I give devise and bequeath to my said sister Kate Murphy forever the remainder of my land situate at the corner of said Freshwater Road and said Thorburn Road bounded as follows on the West by land bequeathed as aforesaid to said Minnie Murphy on the North by land of said Blackler on the East by land of said Blackler on the South by said Freshwater Road and on the South West by said Thorburn Road together with all my right title and interest in lease of part of this land to one Cofield absolutely.
6. I give devise and bequeath to my said Nephew Walter Dillon my land known as the Long Marsh bounded on the West by an imaginary extension of the Western boundary of said land leased to said Arthur Miller on the North or North East by a little stream as far as the said Thorburn Road and on the South partly by land bequeathed as aforesaid to said Kate Murphy partly by land leased as aforesaid and partly by land bequeathed as aforesaid to said Walter Dillon.
7. I give devise and bequeath the residue of my estate wherever situate and of every description to my said sister Kate Murphy absolutely.
In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my hand to this my last Will at St. John's aforesaid this 23rd day of July 1925. MARY. E. DILLON. Signed by the testatrix as and for her last Will in our presence and in the presence of each who in her presence and the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witness. T. Scanlon McGrath. Bridget Organ.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Dec 2/26
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb