In re: MARY ANNE O誰EILL. DECEASED.
Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
$5200.00 (writing very faint)
This is the last will and testament of me, Mary Anne O誰eill, of St. John痴, in the Island of Newfoundland, widow of the late James O誰eill of the same place, Truckman.
1. I give, devise and bequeath to my son Arthur O誰eill all that farm situate between Freshwater Road and Pennywell Road, in the district of St. John痴 West, with the exception of two acres of land stretching along Pennywell Road, together with all the farming implements, stock and produce belonging to me save such as are included in paragraph 4 hereof, to hold the same unto my said son Arthur O誰eill, his executors, administrators and assigns for ever.
2. I give, devise and bequeath unto my said son Arthur O誰eill that portion of the farm referred to in paragraph 1 hereof, consisting of two acres extending along Pennywell Road, to hold the same unto my said son Arthur O誰eill, his executors, administrators and assigns forever, subject to the condition that all the estate and interest of the said Arthur O誰eill in the said two acres of land shall be determined upon the return of my son John Joseph O誰eill, at present resident in the United States of America, to St. John痴, whether the said return be for the purposes of a visit only or to become again domiciled here.
3. I give, devise and bequeath to my said son John Joseph O誰eill, at present resident in the United States of America, the two acres of land above referred to, and extending along Pennywell Road, to hold the same unto my said son John Joseph O誰eill, his executors, administrators and assigns, for ever, subject to the condition precedent that the said John Joseph O誰eill shall return to St. John痴 either for the purposes of a visit or to take up his domicile here.
4. I give, devise and bequeath to my son Edward Joseph O誰eill all that farm, situate on Pennywell Road, near the Rope-walk, together with all buildings and erections thereon, and all farming implements, stock and produce which belong exclusively to the said farm.
5. I hereby revoke all former wills by me at any time made, and appoint my said son Arthur O誰eill to be executor of this my last will and testament: In testimony whereof I have hereunto affixed my hand this 18th day of April Anno Domini one thousand nine hundred and five. Mary A. O誰eil Signed by the said testator as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us, who in her presence have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. James Goss. H. A. Squires.