Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 403-408 probate year 1912
|Will of Nicholas Wadden|
IN RE: NICHOLAS WADDEN DECEASED
I give devise and bequeath to my son Nicholas
(2) the house on the east side of Buchanan Street occupied by tenants Snow and Anthony and the tenements immediately in the rear of the said house and the arch adjoining (which tenements include half the house occupied by Milley the other half of house occupied by Milley being hereafter devised to my son John) together with the land under the said houses and appurtenant thereto including the land over which is the archway provided that said archway is to be used as heretofore until the dwelling over the said archway be torn down or destroyed by fire
(3) the northern house of two tenements No with the appurtenances as now enjoyed situate on the west side of Rossiters Lane built on leasehold land which is held under lease in the name of my son James Joseph (know as Joseph) My son Nicholas takes this last bequest subject to all conditions under the said lease except the payment of rent and I desire my son James Joseph to give my son Nicholas a sub lease accordingly
(2) the house on the south side of New Gower Street No 203 now occupied by F. Jackman (part of "Springdale Terrace") together with the land thereunder and appurtenant thereto including the yard with the outhouses therein and also one undivided third of the garden in the rear of said yard
(3) the land with houses thereon both front and rear situate on the east side of Buchanan Street bounded on the north by the southern side of the said arch or passageway and the line of division between this land and that devised to my son Nicholas which line of division is a continuation of a line drawn at right angles to Buchanan Street from the southwest corner of the said arch and bounded on the south by land held under lease by John Wadden (cooper) of which lease I am assignee. It is understood that until destroyed by fire or torn down the dwelling or part of dwelling over said arch and half the house occupied by Milley is to be the property of my son John
(4) all my right title and interest in the land held under lease by the said John Wadden (Cooper) and it is my wish and desire that in consideration of the foregoing bequests to my son John that he pay to my granddaughter Hattie (his own daughter) the sum of one hundred dollars per annum for 20 years or to such person or persons as she shall by will appoint if she die before the final payment
I give and bequeath to my son John all the household furniture of every description including piano and machines and also shoemakers stock or leatherwork contained in the house which I now occupy and I desire him to use this bequest for the betterment or advancement of his children.
(2) all my right title and interest in the land and premises now occupied by him situate on corner of Waldegrave & Georges Streets and
(3) all my right title and interest in the land and premises on the north side of Water Street now occupied by A. E. Perkins provided this does not release my son Patrick from agreement entered into with me that I was to have the rent of the said premises upto and including rent due May 1. 1905 such rent to be collected and go to my executors as part of the residue of my estate.
(2) the house on south side of New Gower Street No 205 now occupied by me (part of Springdale Terrace) together with the land thereunder and appurtenant thereto including one undivided third of the garden referred to in bequest (2) to my son John. And it is understood there is a right of way in rear of said house for the benefit of the houses devised to my sons John & Michael
(3) all my right title and interest (subject as hereinafter expressed) that I may have in the property held under lease in my said son J. Josephs name from Estate of Hutchings which leasehold property is bounded by Hutchings Street on the west by Rossiters lane on the east and on the south by land held under lease in my sons Michaels name from estate of Hutchings. This last bequest is subject to bequest (3) hereinbefore made to my son Nicholas and my wish hereinbefore expressed that my son J Joseph sub lease as aforesaid for the term of the head lease Let to son.
I give and bequeath to my son J Joseph all and any interest that I may have in the shares of The Newfoundland Consolidated Foundry Company Ltd standing in my son J Joseph's name in the books of the said Company.
(2) the house on the south side of New Gower Street No 207 now occupied by P. F. Lemessurier (part of Springdale Terrace) together with the land thereunder and appurtenant thereto including one undivided third of the garden referred to in bequest
(2) to my son John And it is understood there is a right of way in rear of said house for the benefit of the houses devised to my sons John and J Joseph
(3) all right title and interest that I may have in the property held under lease in my said son Michael's name from estate of Hutchings which leasehold property is bounded by Hutchings Street on the west by Rossiters Lane on the East and on the north by the said leasehold land held under lease in my said son J Josephs name
I give and bequeath to my son Michael all and any interest that I may have in the shares of the Newfoundland Consolidated Foundry Company Ltd. standing in my son Michaels name in the books of the said Company. It is my desire and wish that in consideration of the foregoing Bequest to my son Michael he shall pay the life insurance premium of my granddaughter Hattie Duchimian according to the terms of the policy now effected on her life.
I give devise and bequeath to my said granddaughter Hattie Duchimin the house on the east side of Buchanan Street now occupied by Lannigan and Dwyer together with the land thereunder and appurtenant thereto which premises adjoins John Wadden's (Cooper) on the north and is the southern part of my Buchanan Street property
(2) one hundred dollars thereof for masses for the repose of the souls of my deceased wife and self and
(3) the balance (if any) to be equally divided between my executors as compensation for their services
In witness whereof I have set my hand at St. John's this 28th day of January 1904 Nicholas his x mark Wadden Signed by the testator Nicholas Wadden by making his mark and declared by him to be his last will the said will having been first read over to the said testator the said reading and signing by his mark being done in our presence who in testators presence and in the presence of each other subscribed our names as witnesses (The word subject on 1st page and the word "pay" on this page having first inserted Jas. J. McGrath Thos. F McGrathCertified correct,
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Feb 7/12 Johnson J. Probate Feb. 8/12 granted to John Wadden Michael Wadden Estate sworn at $8,457.00
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb