Transcribed by Judy Benson and Ivy Benoit . While we have have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 11 page 548 probate year 1920
Will of Peter Carrigan|
In re: PETER CARRIGAN DECEASED.
I Peter Carrigan of St. John's Labourer do hereby declare this to be my last Will & Testament. I give devise and bequeath all the property of which I may die possessed as follows.
1. To my daughter Mary Ann Collins for her lifetime the ground flat of the dwelling house No 6 Clifford Street St. John's at present in the occupancy of a tenant.
2. To my daughter Elizabeth O'Neil for her lifetime the two upper flats of the said dwelling house No 6 Clifford Street.
3. Upon the death of either of my said daughters the property hereinbefore bequeathed to them, shall go to the children of each of them respectively.
4. To my wife Mary Ann Carrigan the sum of three hundred dollars, also my bed and bedding.
5. My said wife shall also have the right to live with either of my said daughters and to be supported by both of them and her support shall be a charge on the said dwellings.
6. I direct that the sum of one hundred dollars be expended in masses for the repose of my soul and that of my deceased son William.
7. All the rest and residue of my estate I give devise and bequeath to my said daughters to be divided between them equally.
8. I appoint John A. Barron of St. John's Barrister at law Executor of this my last Will & Testament.
Dated the 11th day of November 1920. Peter his X mark Carrigan
Signed Published & Declared by the said testator as and for his last will and testament who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses (the same having been first read over and explained to the said testator)
Rev Lawrence O. Fortune. John A. Barron Barrister at law.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Dec 1/20
to John Barren
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb