Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 516-517 probate year 1924
In re: SARAH CHRISTIANA MCDOUGALL. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Sarah Christiana McDougall of St. Johnís Spinster.
1. I revoke all wills heretofore by me made;
2. I appoint Alexander McDougall of St. Johnís Merchant and Howard J. McDougall of the same place Chartered Accountant to be the Executors of this my last Will and Testament.
3. I give devise and bequeath to my sister Isabella McDougall all my right title and interest in the property at Topsail heretofore belonging to my father.
4. I give devise and bequeath to my nephew Frank McDougall five hundred dollars.
5. All the rest residue and remainder of my Estate I give devise and bequeath to my executors upon trust
(a) To transfer to my sisters Isabella and Jessie McLachlan all moneys and other estate (except any stocks bonds or debentures which I may own) share and share alike;
(b) With respect to my stocks bonds and debentures they are to transfer one half of same to my sister Isabella McDougall; the remaining one half of the said stocks bonds and debentures they are to hold upon trust for my sister Jessie McLachlan and to pay the rents issues dividends and profits to my said sister Jessie McLachlan during her lifetime and upon the death of my said sister Jessie McLachlan to transfer the said stocks bonds and debentures or such stock bonds and debentures or mortgages as may be substituted therefor to my niece Jean S. McLachlan daughter of the said Jessie McLachlan.
6. With respect to the stocks bonds and debentures held in trust for Jessie McLachlan and Jean S. McLachlan I hereby authorize and empower my said Executors during the lifetime of the said Jessie McLachlan to sell or retain the said stocks bonds and debentures and to purchase others in their place of a character such as a Trustee is authorized to invest in or to invest in first mortgage on freehold property should they think it advisable so to do.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto subscribed my hand at St. Johnís this 6th day of April A.D. 1920.
SARAH C MCDOUGALL.
Signed published and declared by the testatrix as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us who in her presence and in the presence of each other and at her request have hereunto subscribed our hands as witnesses.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Feby 6/24
to Howard J.
J.A.W.W. McNeily of St. Johnís Solicitor.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb