In re: SELINA HEYFIELD. DECEASED.
This is the last will of me, Selina Heyfield, of St. John's Newfoundland, widow.
(1) I direct that all my funeral expenses be paid out of my Estate and that my body be buried at Heart's Content, by the side of my late husband, the Reverend Jesse Heyfield.
(2) I bequeath the following legacies, that is to say:-
(3) I bequeath the balance of my Estate to my nieces, Elizabeth Ann Beatrice Emily, Ida Armstead, Eva, and Lillie Mimie, daughters of my sister Emily Rachel Duke, wife of the late Reverend James Armstead Duke, or to the Survivors of them, share and share alike.
- (a) To my nephew, Herbert Knight, the sum of Two Hundred dollars.
- (b) To my niece, Florence, wife of W.F. Canning, the sum of Two Hundred dollars,
- (c) To my sister-in-law, Mary Clinton wife of my brother, James R. Knight, the sum of one Hundred dollars.
- (d) To my old servant, Elizabeth Bennett, of Cupids, the sum of Fifty dollars.
- (E) To Sarah, wife of George Hudson, 92 Circular Road, St. John's, the sum of Twenty-five dollars.
- (f) To Dr. H.H. Cowperthwaite of St. John's, the sum of Twenty-five dollars.
- (g) To the Methodist Ladies Aid Societies at the following places, the sum of Forty dollars each, viz: - (ending code snippet & then starting code snippet)
|Shoal Harbor|| $40.00|
|Moreton's Harbor || 40.00|
|Lower Island Cove || 40.00|
|Freshwater || 40.00|
|Old Perlican || 40.00|
|Topsail || 40.00|
|Trinity || $40.00|
|Hearts Content || $40.00|
(4) I revoke all former wills and codicils.
(5) I appoint Robert Watson, Cashier of the Newfoundland Savings Bank, St. John's, to be executor of this my will. Dated at St. John's, Newfoundland This this 29th day of May A.D. 1917. - Selina Heyfield - Signed by the Testatrix before us who in her presence and the presence of each other have hereunto set our names as witnesses: - E.G. Canning Eliza Sheppard
Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin of this will)