Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 199-200 year 1925
Will of Thomas Curtis |
IN RE: THOMAS CURTIS. DECEASED
This is the last Will and Testament of me Thomas Curtis of Peter of Trepassey in the Southern District of the Dominion of Newfoundland.
1. I appoint as my Executrix my wife Ellen.
2. I will devise and bequeath unto my wife Ellen all my property both person and real.
3. Should my wife Ellen remarry I then will devise and bequeath that all my property personal and real of the resideau which she shall possess at the time which she remarries, unto my nephews to be equally divided between them.
4. I will devise and bequeath unto my niece Nellie Curtis of Wm a right to remain in my house as a companion to my wife Ellen so long as she wishes and remains unmarried.
5. I wish my wife to adopt as her ward my nephew William Curtis of Robt and at her death, if she, my said wife Ellen is still not re-married, I will and bequeath all my property remaining unto the
above afore said William Curtis if he wishes to be adopted and is adopted.
6. I will devise and bequeath that if my niece Nellie Curtis aforesaid is married she shall be presented by my Executrix aforesaid with two head of cattle.
7. I will and bequeath unto my brother Robert Curtis a piece of land situated on the hill going to the Look Out and which is attached to the aforesaid Robert's land.
8. I will devise and bequeath unto my wife the right to place a man in my place for the fishery or in the absence of her so doing, she shall have a right to claim her lawful part of the fish caught with my means and for the use of my portion of the fishing property.
Signed by the testator and acknowledged to be his last Will and Testament this 21st day of May A.D. 1924. THOMAS P CURTIS Testator
Signed in the presence of us, who at his request, in his presence and in the presence of each other, who have heard him acknowledges this to be his last Will and Testament, we sign our names as witnesses. L J Giovannette M.D. Magistrate. Thomas Moore Witnesses
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Sept 14/25
Horwood C. J.
to Ellen Curtis
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb