Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 10 pages 585-586 probate year 1917
Will of Thomas Farrell |
In re: THOMAS FARRELL. DECEASED.
Charles H. Emerson
This is the last will and testament of me Thomas Farrell of Saint John's in the Island of Newfoundland gentleman.
1. I direct that all my just debts funeral and testamentary expenses to first paid out of my estate.
2. I give and bequeath to the Superintendent of the Mount Cashel Industrial School the sum of two hundred dollars for the use of the said school
3. I devise and bequeath to my Executor hereinafter named all the remainder of my estate, property and effects of every description upon the following trusts namely: - To collect and receive the income thereof and to pay thereunto the sum of three hundred dollars per year to my Aunt Julia Crane of New York widow and to divide the balance of the said income equally among the then surviving children of Philip Farrell late of Topsail Road, Saint John's, Farmer deceased. Provided that my said aunt shall not in any case receive more than the net income of my estate should the net income be less than three hundred dollars per year.
4. On the death of my said Aunt Julia Crane I devise and bequeath all my property and estate then undisposed of to the then surviving children of said Philip Farrell in equal shares.
5. I appoint Thomas N. O'Neill of Saint John's, Accountant Executor of this my will and direct that he shall receive as enumeration for his services as Executor a Commission of Five per centum on the gross value of my estate.
I annul all other and former wills made by me. Witness my hand at Saint John's aforesaid this 10th day of October Anno Domini one thousand nine hundred and three. (Sgd Thomas Farrell. Signed Published and Declared by the said Testator as and for his last will and Testament in the presence of us who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other (all present at the same time) have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. W. O'D. Kelly, Fredk Mews.
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Sept 15, 1917
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb