Transcribed by Judy Benson
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 3 page 548 probate year 1877.
|Will of Thomas McGrath|
In re REV. THOMAS B. McGRATH. DECEASED.In the name of God Amen. I sound in mind do hereby make this my last will & testament.
1. All lawful debts to be paid.
2. I will & bequeath £400 cur to All Hallows College Ireland for a burse for this diocese.
3rd I will & bequeath £400 cur to Mt. Mellory Abbey for the same purpose i.e. a burse for a student for this diocese.
4th I will and bequeath £300 for Masses i.e. low masses this sum is to be sent to Melleray as soon as can be.
5. I will & bequeath £200 to St. Patricks R. Head.
6. I will & bequeath £200 to Mt. Melleray for an annual High Mass for my soul
7. I will & bequeath that my books be disposed of by Mr. Fenelon & the proceeds be given to the Vincent de Paul Society.
8. All residue to be given the Mercy Nuns for the poor.
9. I appoint Mr. M. Fenelon & Mr. M. Berney to be my faithful executors. N.B. I have £ 1500 in Union Bank & £75 a debenture. St. Johnís Jan. 13th 1877.
Thomas B. McGrath. Witness Nicholas Roche C.C. John Walshe.
D. M. Browning