Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 304-305 probate year 1911
Will of William Daymond |
IN RE: WILLIAM DAYMOND. DECEASED
D. M. Browning
This is the last will of me, William Daymond of St. John's in the Island of Newfoundland, cabinet maker.
1. I give, devise and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Daymond the land and premises now occupied by Mrs Simpson and Richard Wills situate on the east Side of Victoria Street in St. John's aforesaid and extending thereby about forty nine feet, bounded on the north by Gower Street, by which it extends about forty-two feet, and on the east by premises occupied by me and hereinafter devised to my daughter Emma Daymond, and on the south by (now or heretofore) property of William McCarthy.
2. I give devise, and bequeath to my daughter, Emma Daymond, the land and premises now occupied by me, situate on the south side of Gower Street aforesaid and measuring thereby about twenty two feet and bounded on the west by the land devised in the foregoing paragraph to my daughter Sarah and extending thereby about forty-nine feet.
3. I give devise and bequeath to my said daughter Emma all my interest in the land and premises which I hold under lease situate on the north east side of Kings Road in St. John's aforesaid, the dwelling house thereon being numbered 48, and occupied by William Weir
4. I give devise and bequeath to my said daughters Sarah and Emma, as tenants in common, all my interest in the land and premises, which I hold under lease, situate on the north side of New Gower Street in St. John's aforesaid now occupied by Mrs. Bailey and Sergeant Cockshot.
5 I give devise and bequeath all the residue of my estate and effects to my said daughters Sarah and Emma in equal shares
6. I appoint my said daughter Emma executrix of this my will In witness whereof I have set my hand at St. John's aforesaid this fourteenth day of July A.D. 1900. Wm Daymond Signed by the said William Daymond as his last will in the presence of us who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses Geo. M. Johnson Jas. J McGrath
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb