Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 54 probate year 1921
Will of William Kiely |
In re: WILLIAM KIELY DECEASED.
In the name of God, Amen. I William Kiely of Petty Harbor in the District of St. Johnís West, fisherman, being in failing health but of sound mind and memory, do make and declare this my last Will and Testament in the manner following
1st. That all funeral and testamentary expenses be first paid.
2. I will and bequeath to Clara Everard, daughter of James and Maud Everard the sum of One hundred dollars (100.00)
3. I will and bequeath to my sister Mary Ann Chafe widow of the late Geoffry Chafe all the remainder of what I possess after the above has been paid.
4. I give and bequeath to my nephew Lawrence Chafe son of Mary Ann Chafe, my house and furniture together with two gardens attached also a garden on the hill known as "Pancake"
5. I give and bequeath to my nephew John Chafe also son of Mary Ann Chafe my bed and bedding.
6. I do hereby nominate, constitute, and appoint Henry Chafe son of the late Moses Chafe Executor to this my last Will and Testament.
In witness whereof I the said Testator William Kiely have to this my last Will and Testament set my hand this twenty-ninth day of November in the year of Our Lord One thousand nine hundred and twenty
WILLIAM his X mark KIELY
Signed and delivered by the said testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence and at his request and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses
Witnesses Henry H. Chafe William T. Chafe.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following
Fiat June 27/21
to Henry chafe
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb