Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 517-518 probate year 1926
Will of William Thomas O'Rourke Senior |
IN RE: WILLIAM THOMAS O'ROURKE. DECEASED
This is the last Will and Testament of me, William Thomas O'Rourke of St. John's in the Island of Newfoundland, Salesman, made at St. John's aforesaid the 14th day of September A.D. 1926. I hereby revoke all former wills and testamentary dispositions by me at any time heretofore made.
1. I appoint my brother, Thomas O'Rourke, to be the Executor and Trustee of this my will and Guardian of my infant children Joseph Michael and William Thomas hereinafter mentioned.
2. I direct my Executor and Trustee to pay my just debts funeral and other expenses as soon after my decease as convenient.
3. I give devise and bequeath all my property of every description and wheresoever situate to my said Executor and Trustee in trust for the maintenance and education of my two children Joseph Michael and William Thomas until each attains the age of twenty-five.
4. As soon as each attains the age of twenty-five he shall be entitled to a half-share of the said property.
5. If any one of my said children shall die without issue before attaining the age of twenty-five his share shall go to the survivor.
6. If any one of my said children shall die with issue before attaining the age of twenty-five his share shall be immediately be entitled to his share of the said property.
7. If both my said children shall die before the age of twenty-five and without issue I give devise and bequeath my property to be divided equally between the Great War Veteran's Relief Fund, Mount Cashel Orphanage, St. Michael's Orphanage, Belvedere, share and share alike.
8. I direct that any monies liable to be invested by my Executor and Trustee may be invested in such Government Bonds or mortgages on landed estate leasehold or freehold as he may deem fit.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto subscribed my name to this my Will the day and year first above written. WM O'ROURKE. Signed published and declared as and for the last Will and Testament of William Thomas O'Rourke in our presence both being present at the same time and in the presence of each other who at his request have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. Effie Johnson. J. G. Higgins.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Jan 18/27
Horwood C. J.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb