This is the last will and testament of me, Mary Anne O誰eill, of St. John痴, in the Island of Newfoundland, widow of the late James O誰eill, of the same place, truckman.
- I give, devise and bequeath to my son Arthur O誰eill all that farm situate between Freshwater Road and Pennywell Road, in the district of St. John痴 West, with the exception of two acres of land stretching along Pennywell Road, together with all the farming implements, stock and produce belonging to me save such as are included in paragraph 4 hereof, to hold the same unto my said son Arthur O誰eill, his executors, administrators and assigns for ever.
- I give, devise and bequeath unto my said son Arthur O誰eill that portion of the farm referred to in paragraph 1 hereof, consisting of two acres extending along Pennywell Road, to hold the same unto my said son Arthur O誰eill, his executors, administrators and assigns, for ever, subject to the condition that all the estate and interest of the said Arthur O誰eill in the said two acres of land shall be determined upon the return of my son John Joseph O誰eill, at present resident in the United States of America, to St. John痴, whether the said return be for the purposes of a visit only or to become again domiciled here.
- I give, devise and bequeath to my said son John Joseph O誰eill, at present resident in the United States of America, the two acres of land above referred to, and extending along Pennywell Road, to hold the same unto my said son John Joseph O誰eill, his executors, administrators and assigns, for ever, subject to the condition precedent that the said John Joseph O誰eill shall return to St. John痴 either for the purposes of a visit or to take up his domicile here.
- I give, devise and bequeath to my son Edward Joseph O誰eill all that farm, situate on Pennywell Road, near the Rope-walk, together will all buildings and erections thereon, and all farming implements, stock and produce which belong exclusively to the said farm.
- I hereby revoke all former wills by me at any time made, and appoint my said son Arthur O誰eill to be executor of this last my will and testament.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF I have hereunto affixed my hand, this 18th day of April Anno Domini One Thousand Nine Hundred and Five.
Mary A. O誰eil
Signed by the said testator as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us, who in her presence have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.
This is the last will and testament of Mary Anne O誰eill, referred to in the hereto annexed affidavit of Richard Anderson Squires, sworn before this 12th day of February, A.D. 1916.
**Petition letter attached to will
To the Honourable the Supreme Court or one of the Honourable the Judges thereof: -
The petition of Arthur O誰eill, of St. John痴, Cabman, humbly sets forth as follows: -
- Mary Anne O誰eill, late of St. John痴 aforesaid, Widow, deceased, died at that place on the fourth day of February, A.D. 1916, having first made and executed her last will and testament, dated the 18th day of April, 1905, which said last will and testament, proven upon the oath of Richard Anderson Squires, one of the subscribing witnesses thereto, is hereto annexed marked "A".
- The said deceased left her surviving as sole next of kin six children, namely, John and Michael, who at present resident in the United States of America, and James, Edward, William and your petitioner, all of who reside in St. John痴.
- At the date of her death the said deceased was possessed of property within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, of a value not exceeding the sum of $500.00, as will more fully appear by reference to the inventory hereto annexed marked "B", which is to be taken as a part hereof.
- In and by the said last will and testament the said deceased appointed your petitioner to be the sole executor thereof.
- No letters of probate to any last will nor letters of administration to the estate of the said deceased have yet been granted to any person.
Your petitioner therefore prays that letters of probate to the last will and testament of the said deceased may be granted to him: And as in duty bound he will ever pray.
Dated at St. John痴, this 11th day of February, A.D. 1916
Probate granted to Arthur O誰eill
On the 20th day of May A.D. 1916
Value of Estate $500