James Blandford deceased
This is the last will and testament of James Blandford of Wesleyville in the District of Bonavista - Blacksmith. I, James Blandford being of sound disposing mind memory and understanding do hereby will devise and bequeath as follows:-
1. Unto my wife Elizabeth to be hers during her natural life and after her death to go and belong to my grand daughter Eva Winsor, the dwelling house with all its contents, together with the land adjoining the same and now under fence situate and being in
2. Unto my daughter Josephine Winsor to be hers during her natural life and after her death to go and belong to my grandson Eric Winsor All the property I own at Wesleyville and upon which my forge stands.
3. I order my executrix to sell and dispose of all my blacksmith stools and implements of trade, the proceeds of which to go and belong to my grandchildren Eva Winsor Neita Winsor and Marguerete Winsor - share and share alike.
4. Unto my grandson Eric Winsor my breech loading shotgun, watch and chain and walking stick.
6. Unto Capt. W. C. Winsor my two duck guns.
7. Unto my granddaughter Neita Winsor a Round Table now at Wesleyville.
8. Unto my granddaughter Marguerete Winsor my microscopic glass.
9. Unto John Keats of Newtown my Acme Skates.
10. All other property that I may die possessed of both real and personal I leave unto my three granddaughters Eva, Neita and Margarete share and share alike.
11. I constitute and appoint my daughter Josephine Winsor as my sole executrix of this my last will and testament and I hereby revoke all former distributions of my aforesaid property at any time heretofore made and declare this paper writing to be my last will and testament.
Dated at Greenspond Newfoundland this twenty second day of February in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and eighteen. James Blandford.
Signed and declared by James Blandford the testator in our presence who in his presence and in the presence of each other at the same time at his request signed our names as witnesses.
Isabella Mifflen. I.J. Mifflen.
Correct William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 18/20