JAMES TILLER. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of James Tiller of Wesleyville, in the Northern District of the Island of Newfoundland, Planter. I, James Tiller, being of sound disposing mind, memory and understanding do hereby Will, devise and bequeath as follows: -
1. Unto my son Samuel The Schooner “Coronet” together with all her fishing gear, traps, boats, twine, lines etc.
2. Unto my son Robert three fourths and unto my son Thomas one fourth of the fishing gear, traps, boats, twine, lines etc of the late Schooner “Sylph”.
3. Unto my sons Samuel, Robert and Thomas my fishing premises, stage, stores, lands, dwelling houses, furniture to be theirs during their natural lives and after their deaths to revert and belong to the male issue of my sons - share and share alike. Should, however, either of my sons die without male issue then their shares shall go and belong to the other male issue of my other sons. Provided nevertheless that should a Widow of my sons wish to live upon and enjoy her husband’s share of the estate she may do so during her Widowhood and not otherwise.
4. Unto my grandchildren namely:- James son of Samuel, James son of Peter and Clarence son of Robert the sum of Two hundred dollars each.
5. The balance of my estate consisting of money, debts due me at the time of my death or which may become due and owing after my death and everything else both real and personal that I may die possessed of I bequeath as follows, that is to say: - Unto my son Samuel two fifths of the whole, unto my son Robert two fifths of the whole and unto my son Thomas one fifth of the whole.
I hereby constitute and appoint Edward Bishop and George Howse, both of Wesleyville, as the executors of this my last Will and Testament and do hereby revoke all former distribution of my property at any time heretofore made and do declare this paper writing to be my last Will and Testament. IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand at Wesleyville this 16th day of November, in the year of our Lord one thousand Nine hundred and twenty two. JAMES TILLER. Signed by the said James Tiller the Testator, in our presence who in his presence and in the presence of each other at the same time subscribed our names as witnesses. James W. Janes. Alexander Tucker.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Dec 18/24
to Edward Bishop