Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While we have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Will of Olivia Emma Winsor from Newfoundland will books, volume 11 pages 460 & 461, probate year 1920
| In re |
Olivia Emma Winsor deceased.
This is the last Will and Testament of me, Olivia Emma Winsor, widow of William Winsor late of Wesleyville, Bonavista Bay, General merchant. I revoke all wills heretofore by me made. I appoint I.J. Mifflen, of Greenspond, one of his Majesty's Justices of the Peace, to be the sole Executor, of this my last will and testament.
1. I bequeath to my son, Samuel Robert Winsor, the sum of one thousand dollars [$1000] which legacy is to be provided out of the money now invested by me in Wesley Methodist Church St. John's.
2. I bequeath to my daughter Annie Norah Bennett, wife of the Reverend Sidney Bennett, the sum of one thousand dollars [$1000]
3. I bequeath to my daughter, Gertrude Mary Hann, wife of Edgar Hann, the sum of one thousand dollars [$1000]
4. I bequeath to my sons Jessie Thomas Winsor and William Charles Winsor, the Schooner "Leander Gould" together with all her gear, fishing outfit and apparel and also all boats, nets, codtraps, moorings and all gear of all description used in connection with the said vessel in the prosecution of the fishery to be held by them - share and share alike.
6. I also bequeath to the said Jessie Thomas and William Charles Winsor my stock in the Hawkes Harbor Whaling Company - share and share alike.
7. I bequeath to my son William Charles Winsor all the land I now occupy and known as my vegetable gardens.
8. I bequeath to my sons Samuel Robert, Jesse Thomas and William Charles Winsor, and also my daughters Annie Norah Bennett and Gertrude Mary Hann, all the furniture of every description together with beds bedding and utensils in my dwelling house - share and share alike.
10. I also bequeath to the said Jessie Thomas and William Charles Winsor, all the rest, residue and remainder of my said estate both real and personal that I may die possessed of - share and share alike.
11. I authorize my Executor I.J. Mifflen to retain for himself as remuneration for his services in realizing and distributing my estate such sum as the Supreme Court of Newfoundland or a Judge thereof shall allow.
In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my hand at Wesleyville, in the Island of Newfoundland, this sixth day of May in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and sixteen. Olivia Emma Winsor.
Signed published and declared by the Testator as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us, who in her presence and in the presence of each other at her request have hereunto subscribed our hands as witnesses. Alexander Tucker of Greenspond Constable. I.J. Mifflen of Greenspond Magistrate.
Correct William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat May 29/20
Jesse T. Winsor