Transcribed by Judy Benson
& Ivy Benoit. While we have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Will of Walter Russell Thomas from Newfoundland will books volume 10
pages 428-429 probate year 1916
WALTER RUSSELL THOMAS deceased.
This is the last will and testament of Walter Russell Thomas of Valleyfield in the Northern District of the Island of Newfoundland Medical Practitioner. I Walter Russell Thomas being of sound disposing mind memory and understanding do hereby will devise and bequeath as follows:-
1. Unto to my son Wynne the drop that I wear on my watch chain for the purpose of completing a chain given him previously.
2. Unto my son Walter my suit case as I promised before leaving Canada.
3. Unto H. Woiksel c/o H. Woiksel & Co. Singapore, Straits Settlement my watch chain in memory of many acts of kindness received by me in the past.
4. Unto the Reverend H. Leggo, Rector Badger’s Quay one silver ash tray.
5. Unto my wife Emily Maud whose present address is 85 Scollard Street Toronto Canada all the balance and remainder of the property goods and effects as well as any monies that I now have and also what monies may be due and owing me at the time of my death.
6. I constitute and appoint Thomas Roberts of Valleyfield to be my executor and instruct my said executor that he will find in my papers a letter from the President of the Fisherman’s Protective Union guaranteeing me a certain salary at Valleyfield. This amount of salary has not been collected by me as my ledger will show I therefore request and instruct my said executor that after legal advice he sue for the balance or difference. I revoke all former distribution of my said property and do declare this to be my last will and testament Dated at Badgers Quay this second day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and sixteen. W. Russell Thomas. Signed by the said Walter Russell Thomas the testator in our presence who in is presence and in the presence of each other at the same time at his request signed our names as witnesses Henry T. Leggo Clerk-in-Holy-Orders. I.J. Mifflen.
Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin of this will)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb