Manuel Hillier deceased.
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost Amen. This is the last will and testament of me Manuel Hillier of High Beach, Burin District Newfoundland, Planter.
1. I give devise and bequeath all my estate, lands and houses situate at the meadow, Lamaline to my son Harold.
2. I give devise and bequeath to my sons Harold and Stanley in equal shares, the cod trap, with its own special gear and trap boat.
3. I give devise and bequeath to each of my five daughters, Adelaide, Mary, Margaret, Harriet and Hilda [or such of my daughters as shall survive me] the sum of one hundred dollars each.
4. I give devise and bequeath to my sons William, Harold and Stanley the remainder of my money [i.e. after paragraph 3 of my will has been complied with] to be shared by them in equal shares.
5. I give devise and bequeath all my estate, lands, houses, barns beach front and property whether real or personal [except the lands and property bequeathed in the first and second paragraphs of this my will] unto my son Stanley for his sole use and benefit.
6. I appoint Robert Pitman to be the executor of this my will.
Dated at High Beach this 10th day of April A.D. nineteen hundred and nineteen. Manuel his X mark Hillier. Signed published and declared by the said testator as and for his last will and testament on the date last above written in the presence of us the subscribers who in the presence of the testator and of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as such witnesses. Wm. Y. Pitman. H. Kirby. Witnesses.
Correct William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Dec 18/19
to Robert Pitman