Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 369-371 probate year 1926
Will of Samuel Harris |
SAMUEL HARRIS. DECEASED
This is the last will and testament of me Samuel Harris of Grand Bank in the District of Burin, Dominion of Newfoundland made this 7th day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and twenty four.
I revoke hereby all wills made by me at any time heretofore. I appoint George C. Harris, Percy L. Carr Accountant, and George Dunford Clerk
both all of Gr Bank to be my executors and direct that all my legal debts and funeral expenses shall be paid as soon as conveniently may be after my decease.
1. I give and bequeath unto my wife Harriet Marion Harris my dwelling house, furniture, outhouses and grounds surrounding said dwelling house while she remains my widow, and after her death to my daughter Mary F Harris.
2. The pew I now occupy in the Church I bequeath to my daughter Mary F Harris.
3. My pew in the Church now occupied by Angus Brown I bequeath to my wife aforesaid.
4. My land known as the “farm” on the Fortune Road I bequeath as follows that is to say To my son Chester that portion east of the road through the land entering from Fortune Road; The portion west of said road to my daughters Emily Dunford and Mary F Harris in equal parts.
5. To my daughter Eleanor H Carr I bequeath that lot of land opposite my present dwelling house.
6. To my grand son Samuel Harris (Son of Harry Garfield Harris) I bequeath my lot of land opposite the residence of Aaron F Buffett.
7. To my son Harry Garfield my lot of land on the Fortune Road situated between lands of George A Buffett and Mrs Jane Forsey.
8. My Life Insurance Policies amounting to fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000.00) I bequeath as follows, that is to say, to my daughter Mary F. four thousand dollars ($4000.00), to my daughter Eleanor H Carr two thousand dollars ($2000.00) to my daughter Emily Dunford two thousand dollars ($2000.00) To my daughter-in-law Charlotte P Harris one thousand dollars ($1000.00); to my daughter in law Margaret Harris one thousand dollars ($1000.00); to my wife Harriet Marion four thousand dollars ($4000.00)
9. To my daughter Mary F, I bequeath my interest in the “Illinois Traction Company” (U.S.A.) Namely twenty five hundred dollars ($2500.00).
10. To my daughter Eleanor E Carr I bequeath my two hundred and fifty dollar ($250.00) interest in the Standard Manufacturing Company of St. John’s, Nfld.
11. To my son Chester I bequeath my one thousand dollar ($1000.00) Stock in The Black Lake Asbestos Company of Toronto Canada.
12. To my wife
Marion Harriet Marion I bequeath my Stock of three thousand dollars ($3000.00) in the Newfoundland Knitting Mills, St. John’s.
13. To my daughter Emily Dunford I bequeath my twenty shares in the Marine Insurance Company, St. John’s.
14. To my daughter Mary F I bequeath one share in the Schooner General Wood, five shares in the Schooner General Plumer, and five shares in the Schooner General Trenchard.
15. To my daughter Eleanor H Carr I bequeath one share in the Schooner General Wood, three shares in the Schooner General Plumer.
16. To my daughter Emily Dunford I bequeath one share in the Schooner General Wood & two shares in the Schooner General Plumer.
17. To my wife Harriet Marion I bequeath two shares in the Schooner General Wood, and five shares in the General Gough.
18. To my son George C Harris I bequeath that lot of land situated on the Fortune Road by what is known as “Eternity Rock”
Signed by the Testator Samuel Harris in the presence of us, present at the same time, who at his request, in his presence, and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses SAMUEL HARRIS. Mary R. Fraser
St. John’s. Ira F. Curtis
Methodist Minister Grand bank, Nfld. Aug 7th. 24.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 16/26
to Percy L. Carr,
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb