CATHERINE DEADY. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me, Catherine Deady of Harbor Grace Newfoundland, Widow.
1. I order and direct that all Testamentary and other expenses, together with any monies I may owe at the time of my death, be paid, after which I desire that the following dispositions be made of my estate: -
2. I give, devise and bequeath unto my nephew, Ronald Kelly my land and House, situate at Bannerman Street, Harbor Grace.
3. I also give, devise and bequeath unto my said nephew Ronald Kelly all my household furniture and personal effects that will be in my said House, at the time of my death.
4. I give and bequeath to my adopted daughter, Josie Deady, the sum of One hundred and fifty dollars, to be deposited, in trust, for her by my Executor, until she has arrived at the age of Sixteen years; then to be paid to her in amounts, and in such manner, as my said Executor may deem best, for her support and general needs.
5. I hereby order and direct that the following amounts be given, in equal parts, to Rev. M. F. Dinn and Rev. T. D. O’Neil, of Harbor Grace, to dispose of in Mass Offerings for the Repose of the Souls of the following Namely: - My late husband James Deady the sum of Two Hundred Dollars; my late Sister Mary Allan the sum of One Hundred Dollars; my late brother Martin Allan the sum of One Hundred Dollars And for myself the sum of Four Hundred Dollars.
6. It is also my order and wish that a Monument be erected to the memory of myself, my said late husband, my said sister Mary and brother Martin, the cost of same not to exceed One Hundred and Fifty Dollars - and that a Concrete Enclosure be built around our family plot in the Harbor Grace Cemetery.
7. The rest and residue of my estate I give and bequeath to my above-named nephew Ronald Kelly - And I hereby nominate and appoint John Casey, Clerk of the Peace, at Harbor Grace, Executor of this my last Will and Testament. In witness whereof, I have hereunto signed published and declared this my last will and testament at Harbor Grace, in the Island of Nfld. this Twenty fifth day of April A.D. One thousand nine hundred and twenty five. CATHERINE her X mark DEADY.
Signed, Published and declared by the within named Testatrix as and for her last Will and Testament, in presence of us, who, in her presence, and in presence of each other, have signed our names as witnesses thereto. E. D. Freeman. John Casey.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 8/25
to John Casey
June 8th, 1925.