Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 209-211 probate year 1911
Will of Denis Shea |
IN RE: DENIS SHEA. DECEASED
TTo all whom these Presents shall Come. I Denis Shea of Harbor Grace N.F. Land being of sound disposing mind, memory, and recollection do make, publish and declare this to be my last will and Testament I hereby revoke all former wills heretofore made by me
I give and bequeath to my nephew Richard Shea my house and out houses, with all their contents and land situate on Water Street retaining the use of the back Bedroom for my Brother in Law Thomas Burke should he wish to occupy it if not the said Richard Shea to have it.
2) I give and bequeath to my nephew Richard Shea the sum of Two Thousand Dollars, also, the sum of one Hundred Dollars for the purpose of Keeping my Grave in order
3. I give and bequeath to Julia Shea daughter of the said Richard Shea, the sum of one Thousand Dollars
4. I give and bequeath to my nephew James Shea the sum of Two Hundred Dollars and to my nephew Daniel Shea the sum of Two Hundred Dollars. If the said Daniel Shea not be found within two years from the date of my death. The said bequest of Two Hundred Dollars is to be equally divided between my nephews Richard and James Shea.
5 I give and bequeath to my late wife's niece Mary Howlett the sum of one Hundred Dollars
6 I give and bequeath to Ellie Saunders the sum of one Hundred Dollars, the sum of one Hundred Dollars to Rose Howlett and the sum of one Hundred Dollars to Ida Howlett daughters of the said Mary Howlett
7. I give and bequeath to my late wife's niece Bridget Callahan the sum of one Hundred Dollars
8. I give and bequeath to Mary, daughter of the said Bridget Callahan the sum of one Hundred Dollars.
9. I give and bequeath to my niece Fanny M Sparrow the sum of one Thousand Dollars
10 I give and bequeath to my niece Bridget Rolfe, now living at Fair View, Nova Scotia, the sum of Five Hundred Dollars.
11 I give and bequeath to my Brother-in-law Thomas Burke the sum of Five Hundred Dollars.
12 I give and bequeath to the Rt. Revd John March, Bishop of Harbor Grace the sum of Five Hundred Dollars for the education of students for the priest-hood and the sum of Two Hundred Dollars for Masses for the Souls in Purgatory, particularly for our friends and relations, also, the sum of one Hundred Dollars for the relief of the poor.
13 I give and bequeath the sum of Fifty Dollars to each of the following Priests Rt. Revd. Monsignor Walsh, Revds Dr S. Whelan and Murphy Revds Fathers Roe, Scully, McCarthy, Mackey, James Donnelly and Wm. Finn (Cathedral Parish) for Masses for my self and wife Mary and for the souls in Purgatory
14 I give and bequeath to the nuns of the presentation Convent Harbor Grace the sum of one Hundred Dollars.
15 Should there be any monies remaining from my estate and the bequests above specified and my funeral and other lawful expenses are paid, the said monies are to be equally divided amongst my Brother-in-law Thomas Burke, my nice Fanny M. Sparrow, my niece Bridget Rolfe and my nephew Richard Shea. I hereby nominate and appoint the Rt. Revd John March Bishop of Harbor Grace N.F.L. and my nephew Richard Shea to be executors of this my last will and Testament In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name at Harbor Grace Newfoundland this sixteenth day of December Anno Domini one Thousand nine Hundred and nine. Denis Shea (LS) Signed Sealed and delivered in the presence of Francis Cody Michael T. Jones witness
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Rt. Rev. John
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb