Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 10 pages 229-230 probate year 1914
Will of George Sparkes, Senior |
In re: GEORGE SPARKES. DECEASED.
This name is spelled Sparkes and Sparks in the will and Sparkes in the will index
In the name of God, Amen. I George Sparkes Senr of Lower Island Cove being weak in body but sound of mind, do announce this to be my last will & testament canceling all former wills and deeds.
1st. I give and bequeath to my son James Moores Sparks the whole of the land on the hill with the dwelling house and outhouses attached thereto. Also the land below were the old house stood that is on both sides of the main road leading through the place on the S.side bounded by land of Joseph Sparks's on the one end and on the other by John Morris, and on the N.side by the Main road and by Caleb Sparke's land.
2. I also bequeath that my wife Allice Sparks have possession of the same land until her death for her support.
3. I also bequeath to my beloved wife all my cattle that I possess at the time of my death. Also my household furniture with the exception of one bed which is to be my son James M. Spark's and any other article he wishes to have.
4. I also give to my beloved wife a peice of land near the Mission House to be hers to sell for her support if she need it.
5. I also give and bequeath to my son-in-law Thomas Reid that part of my fishing room which he now occupies.
6. I also give to my grand daughter Allice Reid a peice of land situated near the road by Wm. Sparks to be hers
7. I also request that my wife Allice Sparks give to my children or grandchildren the household furniture that is in the house sometime before her death, or whenever she may be inclined to do so. I also appoint John Trenchard and Joseph Morris Senr to be my executors of this my last will and testament. As witness my hand this ninth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred & ten. Signed George Sparks Witnesses Stephen Johnson. William J. Cooper.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb