Transcribed by Judy Benson
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 94-95 probate year 1921
|Will of James Butler|
|In re JAMES BUTLER. DECEASED.
In the name of God Amen. I, James Butler, of Holyrood South Side Electoral District of Harbor Main, Newfoundland, Farmer, being of sound and disposing mind and memory and understanding, do make publish and declare this as my last will and Testament hereby revoking all former wills and testamentary dispositions heretofore by me at any time made.
(1) I hereby appoint Richard Dwyer School Teacher executor of my last will.
(2) I hereby direct my said executor to pay all my just debts, funeral expenses and testamentary as soon as possible after my decease, to have a High Mass and Office on the day of my funeral two masses for the repose of my soul per year for ten years and to have my name suitably inscribed on the monument erected by me to my deceased wife Ellen Butler in the South Side cemetery and when needed to have the family plot enclosed within an iron fence, and to have masses for my wifes soul.
(3) I give devise and bequeath to my beloved daughter Anastasia Sullivan absolutely for ever all my (all my) real and personal estate of every kind and description whatsoever and wheresoever situated: consisting of water side property at the South Side of Holyrood running South to the second clift, one piece of land South of Main Road bounded N. E. By John O’Rourke’s land and S.W. by Kielly’s Road, W by South Side Main Road, and South by Hawco’s Pond, and two pieces of land one West and the other South of the South Side Main Road. One Dwelling House, Store, Barn and Cellar, one Horse, Carriage, Cart, Car, Harness, Sled, Sleigh, and all my farming utensils, all my household furniture and all kitchen utensils and Five hundred dollars cash.
(4) I give devise and bequeath to my daughter Josephine Ryan Fifty Dollars (50.00) cash.
(5) I give devise and bequeath to my daughter Bridget Grant Fifty dollars (50.00) cash.
(6) I give devise and bequeath to my daughter Sophia Walsh One dollar (1.00) cash.
(7) I give devise and bequeath the residue of my property to my daughter Anastasia Sullivan which is as far as possible, in the name of Sullivan or Butler, to be kept. In witness whereupon I have signed my hand this twenty ninth day of July 1918. JAMES BUTLER.
Signed sealed published and declared by James Butler as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us present at the same time who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses to the due execution hereof Peter Hickey Philip Lewis R. Dwyer.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Sept 12/21
to Richard Dwyer