NL GenWeb Wills
Conception Bay North Region ~ Northern District
|Will of John Neil|
|Registry of Deeds & Companies|
Confederation Building, St. John's
In re: John O誰EIL deceased
Bay-de-Verde Newfoundland August 7th 1919. This is the last will and testament of me John O誰EIL of Bay de Verde annulling all other wills, previously made .
1. I do wish that my just debts if any also my funeral expenses be paid by my executors.
2. I give and bequeath to the following priests. To the parish priest of Bay de Verde fifty dollars. To the parish priest of Northern bay fifty dollars. To the parish priest of Carbonear fifty dollars. To the parish priest of North River fifty dollars. To His Lordship the Catholic bishop of Hr. Grace fifty dollars. To Rev. J.V. DONNELLY P.P. of Conception fifty dollars. To Rev. P.D. O誰EIL Hr. Grace One hundred dollars. All the above amounts to be said in masses for my soul. I give and bequeath to the Catholic Church of Bay-de-Verde one hundred dollars. To Mount Cashel Orphanage one hundred dollars. To Belvedere Orphanage fifty dollars. To St. Vincent De Pauls Society fifty dollars. To St. Josephs Orphanage Winnipeg- Manitoba fifty dollars. Also fifty dollars for masses for the repose of the soul of my dear wife Ellen O誰EIL to be given to Rev. P.D. O誰EIL of Hr. Grace for that intention. I give and bequeath to my son M.J. O誰EIL the house he now occupies and ground on which it stands also the garden at East of house, the garden in which his shop is built and McCARTHYS garden on the hill also new stage now occupied by him and ground on which it is built, -half codtraps and fishing gear, One third of fish flakes his to be center portion, also ground on which flakes stand. Half of old fish Store, one third cod liver oil plant, and one thousand dollars in cash. Same to be held by him or his heirs for ever. I give and bequeath to my son Daniel O誰EIL my late brother Michaels House and ground on which it stands with garden at front of said house and garden to West of my son M.J. O誰EILS house, my old stage and land on which it stands, my old shop and store adjoining shop and ground on which they stand. One third of fish flakes the northern portion and ground on which said flakes stand, one half of fish store, one half of codtraps and fishing gear. One third cod liver oil plant with one thousand dollars cash the same to be held by him or his heirs for ever. I give and bequeath to my son James F. O誰EIL my dwelling house and furniture and land on which said house stands, the gardens to the west and back of said house, the garden in which is shop is built. One third of my fish flakes the southern portion also ground on which said flakes stand. One third of cod liver oil plant also all new buildings, shop, fishstore and stage which he erected and ground on which said buildings stand and one thousand dollars cash the same to be held by him or his heirs for ever. I give and bequeath to my three sons, Michael, Daniel and James, the store know as lower store, Launchway on West of James痴 stage also cellar near Daniels shop to be owned jointly between the three of them. The stable and land on which it stands to be owned by sons Daniel and James. If my son Daniel remains single my son J.F. O誰EIL will let him live with him and if he Daniel gets married and wants to live in his Uncles house James is to help him repair it and stand half the expense. I give and bequeath to my daughter Ellen KENNEDY eight hundred dollars and if there should be any money left over after all the above amounts are paid my daughter Ellen KENNEDY is to get the same. I do hereby nominate and appoint my two sons Daniel and James as the executors to my last will and testament. In witness whereof I hereunto set my hand the seventh day of August, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and nineteen Signed John O誰EIL Signed and delivered by the said John O誰EIL as and for his last will and testament in their presence of us who in his presence and at his request and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names hereunto as witnesses thereof Signed Edward CROCKER. Const. Michael REYS;
*Letter attached to will
To the Honourable the Supreme Court or to one of the Honourable the Judges thereof:
HUMBLY SHEWETH, that:
1. John O誰EIL, late of Bay de Verde aforesaid, Merchant, deceased, (father of Your Petitioners) died at the said place on the 18th day of August A.D., 1919, having previously made his last will and testament whereby he appointed Your Petitioners the executors thereof.
2. The said deceased left him surviving at the time of his death as next of kin four children, namely, Michael J., Daniel, James F. and Nellie KENNEDY.
3. The paper-writing hereunto annexed marked A is the said last will and testament of the said deceased proved upon the affidavit of Edward CROCKER, one of the subscribing witnesses thereto.
4. The paper-writing hereunto annexes marked B is a correct and true inventory and valuation of the estate and effects of the said deceased at the time of his death so far as Your Petitioners can at present ascertain.
5. Neither probate to any will nor Letters of Administration to the estate of the said deceased have been granted forth of this Honourable Court to any one.
Petitioners therefore pray that this Honourable Court or Your Lordship shall be pleased to grant to them probate of said last will and testament of the said deceased.
And Your Petitioners as in duty bound will ever pray, etc.
Dated at St. John痴 this [blank space on document] day of September A.D., 1919
Probate granted to Daniel O誰EIL and James T. O誰EIL on the 11th day of December A.D. 1919
© 2001 Sue O'Neill and NL GenWeb