In re |
Margaret Kennedy deceased.
This is the last will and testament of me Margaret Kennedy of Carbonear, widow.
1. I give and bequeath to my daughter Grace Colford my land, and dwelling houses thereon, situate on the Court House Finebreak, my picture of the Immaculate Conception and the sum of one Hundred Dollars.
2. I give and devise to my grand‑daughter Marcella Colford my Piano, Piano stool (inserted) and my and my, music ‑ Stand and music ‑books.
3. To my daughter Margaret Russel I give my picture of her father and myself and the sum of one hundred dollars.
4. I give and bequeath to my daughter Julia Dunn, the sum of Fifty Dollars for a mourning suit.
5. I give and devise to my daughter Elizabeth Butt the sum of fifty Dollars for a mourning suit‑
6. To my son Nicholas I give the residue of my furniture, the dwelling house in which I am now living, with all that it contains which is not here in devised, in trust for his wife and children, and also the land connected with the said house to be held by him in trust for his wife and children.
7. I give and bequeath to my son Stanislaus all my right title and interest in and to the land and Dwelling‑house, now occupied by him and which he conveyed to me by a mortgage, to be held in trust by him for his wife and child or children for ever.
8. It is my will and I do order that the sum of Four hundred and Fifty Dollars which I have in the schooner "Winnie F. Tuck" shall be divided as follows, Two Hundred Dollars to my son Nicholas, Two Hundred Dollars to my son Stanislaus and Fifty Dollars to my grand‑son John, son of Stanislaus.
9. To my grand‑son John, son of William John I give and bequeath the sum of Fifty Dollars and his grandfathers gold watch.
10. It is my will and I do order the money accruing to my estate out of the policy of insurance taken out by my late husband upon the life of Stanislaus, that is to say my half interest in the same shall be paid to my son Nicholas.
11. It is my will and I do order that the sum of one Hundred Dollars be paid to the Reverend Mons. F.D. McCarthy for Masses for myself and my late husband and that the sum of One Hundred Dollars be paid to the Rev. Dr. Jones for the same purpose.
12. The residue of my estate it is my will shall be applied by my executors to the payment of my funeral and testamentary expenses and to the erection of a suitable monument in the cemetery to my late husband and my self.
13. I appoint my sons Nicholas and Stanislaus to be my executors of this my last will and testament hereby revoking and annulling all former wills by me made and ratifying and confirming this, and no other, to be my last will and testament.
In witness whereof, I the said Margaret Kennedy have here under set my hand this twenty seventh day of May A.D. 1914‑ Margaret Kennedy‑ Signed and declared by the said Margaret Kennedy as and for her last will and testament in the presence of us who at her request and in her presence and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses Leanora Pike P. J. Doherty
Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin)
Aug 23/ 17
Estate sworn at