Peter Nelson. deceased.
This is the last will and testament of me Peter Nelson of Freshwater, Master
Mariner after the payment of my just debts, funeral expenses and testamentary
expenses I give devise and bequeath as follows;
1. To my wife Mary Ann Nelson that house 38 Hayward Avenue including all my
interest in land on which said house is built, absolutely.
2. To my son John Nelson I give my house situated at Freshwater also the
stables, outhouses, cattle, farming utensils, also land on which said dwellings
are situated and bounded as follows; on the West by land of Martin Ryan, North
by Kenmart road thence to a lane commencing on same road and running South to
the back road thence to point of commencement.
3. I also give to my son John Nelson all of land known as Littles Estate as
purchased from Judge Little former owners Martin and Thomas Ryan and situated
East of Philips Putts Road and West of land now occupied by Martin Ryan and
South of Kenmount Road and North of "Soldiers" Path measuring about twenty acres
more or less.
4. I give to my daughter Elizabeth Parrell all that piece of land situated West
of Coady's and East of his boundary line South by the river and North by
Kenmouth Road together with house and barn on same land for her natural life
after which it goes to her eldest surviving son.
5. I also give to my son John Nelson that piece of land situate as follows
bounded West of Elizabeth Parrell, South of the river East of Putts road, North
of Kenmouth Road about three acres more or less.
6. I also give to my daughter Mary Ellen Corish that piece of land West of
Hussey East of lane near house, North by Hussey, South by Kenmouth Road
7. All monies left after the payment of my just debts to be given to my wife by
8. I also leave it as my wish that no property or land bequeathed to my son or
either of my daughters is to be sold
9. I also leave it as my wish that my wife Mary Ann Nelson is to have the use of
my house at Freshwater jointly and with equal rights with my son John, during
her natural life and to cease at her death.
10. I appoint John Rossitor as executor of this my will, Freshwater March third
1919. Peter Nelson. Signed by the Testator as and for his last will and
testament in our presence, at his request and in the presence of each other have
herewith subscribed our names as witnesses. John Charles Hussey. John J.
Correct William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 21/19
to John J. Rossitor