Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 423 probate year 1923
Will of Rosa Lavinia Penney |
In re: ROSA LAVINIA PENNEY. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Rosa Lavinia Penney of Carbonear in the Island of Newfoundland, Widow, made this 18th day of November 1922.
I hereby revoke all former wills and Testamentary dispositions heretofore by me made.
I hereby appoint the Eastern Trust Co. Executor and Trustee of and under this my will.
I give, devise and bequeath all my estate, real and personal, of every nature and kind and wherever situate unto my Executor and Trustee upon the following trusts.
- 1. To pay all my just debts, funeral and testamentary.
- 2. I bequeath to Mrs. Margaret Taylor wife of Ernest W. Taylor and my niece Grace Penney, jointly, my land with dwelling house thereon, and all contents of said house, situate on the South Side of Water Street of Carbonear until the marriage of Grace Penney when it will become the property of Margaret Taylor absolutely.
- 3. I bequeath to Mrs. Lizzie Simpson, wife of Robert Simpson, (200) two hundred shares of Saunders Howell and Company Ltd.
- 4. I bequeath to John H. Penney (580) five hundred and eighty shares in the Public Service Electric Co. Ltd.
- 5. I bequeath to my niece Grace Penney (160) one hundred and sixty shares in the Public Service Electric Co. Ltd.
- 6. I give to the Methodist Sunday School of Carbonear the sum of Two thousand dollars (2000)
- 7. I bequeath to my niece Grace Penney, fifteen hundred dollars ($1500) in Government of Newfoundland Bonds.
- 8. I bequeath to Arthur Taylor the sum of Two hundred dollars ($200)
- 9. All the rest residue of my estate will be used towards the upkeep of the property bequeathed under section 2. ROSA L. PENNEY.
Signed by the Testator in our presence, who in her presence and in the presence of each other, hereunto subscribe our names as witnesses.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat August 28/23
to the Eastern
Rhoda E. Peach. W.B. Bugden.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb