In re: SARAH DAVIS. DECEASED..
This is the last Will and Testament of me Sarah Davis, of Harbor Grace, Newfoundland, Widow of the late Edgar Davis of same place.
I first order and direct that all my just debts and Testamentary expenses be first paid, after which the following dispositions of my estate shall be made.
1. I give devise and bequeath unto my nephew, Thomas Davis, my dwelling house and all my furniture and household effects in said dwelling, together with all the land attached and all other erections thereon.
2. I give, devise and bequeath unto, and for, the up-keep of, St Pauls Church Harbor Grace, all my meadow land, and the Barn erected on said land, the said land and Barn to be sold for the aforesaid object, should the Trustees of said Church deem it best to do so.
3. I give, devise and bequeath to the Foreign Mission Society of the Church of England whatever moneys that may be to my credit in the Nfld Savings Bank and Bank of Nova Scotia Harbor Grace.
4. I devise and bequeath unto Eugene Janes of Harbor Grace, Cooper, all my interests in the Stock Shares of "The Harbor Grace Marine Railway Dock."
5. And I hereby nominate and appoint John Casey, clerk of the District Court and William Ward of H. M. Customs, Harbor Grace, as Executors of this my last will and Testament, hereby revoking all former Wills and Codicils.
In witness whereof I, the said Testatrix have this Eighth day of September in the year of Our Lord One thousand nine hundred and sixteen, at Harbor Grace aforesaid, hereunto set my hand.
X SARAH DAVIS.
Signed, published and declared by Sarah Davis, the within named testatrix, as, and for, her last Will and Testament in presence of us, who, in her presence, at her request and in presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat May 8/24
to John J.