Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While
we have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
will books volume 8 pages 433-435 probate year 1908
Will of William Hogan|
William. Hogan (of James) deceased.
In the name of God Amen. The last will and Testament of me, Wm. Hogan of James, Fisherman, Northern Bay. I give, devise and bequeath my estate real and personal as follows:-
I appoint the Rev. John Roe P.P. Harbor Main sole executor of this my last will and Testament. William his x mark Hogan of Jas. Signed by the said testator, as his last will and Testament, who in the presence of us present at the same time, who, at his request, in his presence and in presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses. Witnesses (sgd) William O’Flaherty Vincent Hogan Northern Bay Dec 26th 1907
- To my nephew James J Hogan of James all my land and houses, situated thereon together with their contents my cattle, my farming and carpenter’s tools, all my flake and stage room, also the sum of Three hundred dollars in cash.
- To the Rev. John Roe the sum of one hundred dollars for Masses for me and my wife, also one hundred dollars for Masses for my father, mother, Brothers and sisters deceased. Also the sum of Forty dollars taken from the wreck of the ship “Rothsay” to do what he thinks is right with. The sum of Twenty dollars for the new church at Northern Bay.
- To his Lordship Bishop March Fifty dollars for Masses for myself.
- To the Rev. Felix McCarthy, Carbonear Fifty dollars for Masses for myself.
- To the Rev. Joseph Donnelly, Bay de Verde Twenty five dollars for Masses for my wife.
- To the Rev. John Lynch, Northern Bay, Twenty-five dollars for Masses for myself.
- To the Rev. John J. Nolan, Fortune Hr. the sum of Twenty dollars for Masses for myself.
- To Catherine Hogan wife of Patrick Hogan of Michael, Northern Bay the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars.
- To my brother John Hogan, the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars.
- To my nephew Francis Hogan’s son Edmund the sum of one hundred dollars.
- The sum of sixty dollars for a headstone each for my father and mother.
- The sum of forty dollars for a headstone for myself.
- The sum of one hundred dollars for a chalice for the new church at Northern Bay and my name to be engraved therein.
- To my sister Mary Hogan, the sum of Twenty dollars.
- The remainder of my money is to be shared equally between my brother John Hogan and my nephew James J. Hogan after all expenses are deducted therefrom
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb