Transcribed by Judy Benson
While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 98 probate year 1921
|Will of Richard Maidment|
|In re RICHARD MAIDMENT. DECEASED.
The last Will and Testament of Richard Maidment. I, Richard Maidment, of Grand Falls Station, in the Electoral District of Twillingate, Newfoundland, Railway Sectionman, being of sound mind, and in possession of all my faculties, revoking all previous wills, do hereby declare this to be my last will and testament, as follows.
1. I give and bequeath unto my wife Mary Maidment, the whole of my property situate and being at Grand Falls Station, consisting of a house known as the Maidment Hotel, together with all the furnishings thereof, the barn adjacent thereto, and all the outhouses with the land on which they are erected, being lot Number Twenty Three. Also the plot of land granted to me by the Crown, lying to the North East of the said lot Number Twenty Three, and measuring two and one half acres, more or less; Reserving therefrom the shop situated on the West side of the Maidment Hotel, and the plot of land on which it is built, measuring Twenty five feet square, on the West side of my land and fronting towards the Reid Newfoundland Railway Station. To be the sole property of my daughter Ellie Gertrude Whiteway.
2. It is my wish and purpose that the property specified in the above first section of my will shall be held and administered solely by my wife during her lifetime, and at her decease to become the property of my son Walter Gordon Maidment.
3. I give and bequeath to my daughter, Susanna McWhirter, all my land situate at Millertown Junction, according to my Grant, Number Ten Thousand Three Hundred and Twenty Six, dated the first day of June, a. D. 1904, together with all the erections thereon, to be her sole property.
4. The residue of my estate I leave entirely to my wife, Mary Maidment.
5. I appoint Mr. William James Whiteway the sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament. And hereto I set my hand, this 6th day of February, in the year of Our Lord Nineteen hundred and Twenty, at Grand Falls Station, aforesaid. RICHARD his X mark Maidment Testator
Signed in the presence of P. J. Connors, W. T. D. Dunn. Who signed it in the presence of the Testator and of each other, this 6th day of February, A. D. 1920.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Sept 29/21
to Wm. J. Whiteway