Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 425-426 probate year 1923
Will of James Payne |
In re: JAMES PAYNE. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me James Payne of Cartwright Sandwich Bay Labrador Retired Pensioner. Hudson Bay Co.
I hereby revoke all wills by me at any time heretofore made.
I give, devise and bequeath all my real and personal property as follows.
- 1. I direct my Executors to pay all my just debts, and funeral and testamentary expenses.
- 2. To the Church of England Cartwright Labrador I give devise & bequeath the sum of Fifty dollars (50.00)
- 3. To Mrs Frederick Groves of Cartwright Labrador for her many kindnesses to me particularly during my illness I give devise & bequeath Fifty dollars (50.00).
- 4. To Noel Groves son of Frederick Groves of Cartwright Labrador I give devise & bequeath Fifty dollars (50.00).
- 5. To Stephen Payne son of Robert Payne of Harbor Grace, Newfoundland I give devise & bequeath Fifty dollars (50.00).
- 6. All the residue & remainder of my Estate, of monies & personal belongings I give devise & bequeath to my son John Payne for his use & benefit.
- 7. All my rights to ownership of Buildings & lands or any property situated at Harbor Grace, Newfoundland I give devise & bequeath to my brother Robert Payne of Harbor Grace, Newfoundland.
I direct that my investments with The Royal Trust Company be withdrawn also my money on deposit in the Bank of Montreal, St. Johnís, Newfoundland as per pass Book No 20659. In order that this my last Will & Testament may be faithfully & expeditely performed
I hereby appoint S. H. Parsons as Executor of this my will. JAMES PAYNE.
Signed Published and Declared by the above named James Payne at Cartwright Labrador as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us present at his request, who in his presence, and in the presence of each other, at the same time, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses this Fourteenth day of June One thousand nine hundred and Twenty Three.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Sept 4/23.
to S. H.
S. H. Parsons Witness
William Denwoodis Witness
Sybil Parsons Witness
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb