Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 431-432 probate year 1923
Will of Obadiah H. Manuel |
In re: OBADIAH MANUEL. DECEASED.
I, Obadiah Manuel, of Twillingate, in the Northern District of the Island, of Newfoundland, being of sound mind, memory and understanding do make my last will and testament in manner and form following:
- 1. I give and bequeath to my daughter Sarah Temple, wife of William B. Temple, the sum of Five Hundred Dollars. To my grandchildren Belle Manuel Eileen C. Manuel and May V. Temple the sum of twenty five dollars each. The remainder of my money of which I may possessed to my wife Elizabeth Manuel her heirs and assigns forever.
- II. I give and devise unto my said wife, during her life time full control of my property situate at Twillingate, North Side, and consisting of dwelling house, furniture, sail loft, stores, out houses, water side premises and lands; but my daughter in law Mabel Manuel and her children are to have permission to live peaceably in my dwelling house during the lifetime of my said wife or until my daughter in law remarries.
- III. At the death of my said wife my property described in Section II situate at Twillingate North Side, is to be sold by my Executors and my daughter Sarah Temple is to have one half of the purchase money, the remainder to be divided amongst my surviving grand children equally.
- IV. My interest in the Milling Property situate at Loon Bay and known as T. Manuel & Co. I give and devise unto my two nephews Harry Manuel and Willis Manuel, on the following conditions. (Note to myself - do a nesting sequence)
- (I) that my said wife is to be paid annually the sum of One hundred dollars, when the said Mill is in operation.
- (II) in the event of the said Milling Property being sold during the life time of my wife, then in that case my wife is to have my full share of proceeds of the sale. (note self - back to original nest)
- V. The rest, remainder and residue of my property real and personal I give devise and bequeath unto my daughter Sarah Temple for her sole use and benefit forever.
I hereby appoint and constitute William B. Temple and Charles White N.P. the executors of this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all others by me made.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Sept 6/23.
Sept 17th. 1923.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I, Obadiah Manuel, the testator, have to this my last will and testament set my hand this 8th day of January 1918. O.H. MANUEL.
Signed in the presence of
Alfred E. Manuel.
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb