NL GenWeb Wills
Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 9 pages 512-513 probate year 1912
Will of Philip Perry |
IN RE: PHILIP PERRY. DECEASED
This is the last will and Testament of Philip Perry of Fogo, Newfoundland I Philip Perry of Fogo Newfoundland do make and publish this this as my last will and Testament.
1. I hereby appoint Andrew Cook J.P. Stipendiary Magistrate of Fogo and Aaron Stone Sub-Collector H. M. Customs, to be the Executors of this my will.
2. I hereby direct my aforesaid executors to pay all my just debts and funeral expenses as soon as possible after my decease.
3. I give and bequeath (1) the sum of Ten Dollars ($10) to the Trustees of the Methodist Church in Fogo to be used by them for the benefit of the said Church as they may see fit: (11) the sum of Five Dollars ($5) to the Methodist Minister who may be in charge of the Methodist Church in Fogo at the time of my decease.
4. I also give and bequeath:- (I) the sum of Twenty Dollars ($20) to each of my grandchildren - Bertie and Chesley White of Indian Burying Hill Notre Dame Bay; (ii) the sum of ten Dollars ($10) to each of my grandchildren Agnes Isabel, Jean Mary and Ellen Perry Stott of St. John's; (iii) the sum of Ten Dollars ($10) to each of my grandchildren - Florella Isabel, Laurie George Douglas and Marion Helen Scott of Seldom Come By
5. I also give and bequeath the sum of one hundred Dollars ($100) to each of my daughters namely Bertha Stott of St. John's, Emily White of Indian Burying Place N.D. Bay and Ethel Scott of Seldom Come By.
6. And all other money which I may die possessed of I direct my said Executors to deposit in the Savings Department of the Bank of Nova Scotia, St. John's to be used towards the support and maintenance of my wife and two children (Gladys and Cecil Rhodes Perry) in annual payments of Two hundred and fifty dollars ($250); and I also direct that in the event of my wife's death or remarriage that the balance of my money be divided equally among my two children the aforesaid Gladys and Cecil Rhodes Perry.
7. I hereby devise and bequeath my house and land situate in Fogo and all the furniture in the said house to my son Cecil Rhodes Perry.
8 I also direct that my land and property at Indian Islands be sold and the proceeds equally divided among my five children namely Bertha Stott of St. John's, Emily White of Indian Burying Place N.D. Bay, Ethel Scott of Seldom Come By Gladys Perry and Cecil Rhodes Perry of Fogo; and the dwelling house on the said land I bequeath and devise to my aforesaid son Cecil Rhodes Perry - Philip Perry - Signed published and declared by the said Philip Perry as and for his last will and Testament in the presence of us present at the same time who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses to the due execution hereof E.C. French Methodist Minister Aaron Stone sub Coll H.M.C. Dated at Fogo Nfld. this 25th day of April 1912.
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb