Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While I have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 579-580 probate year 1924
Will of Michael Ryan |
In re: MICHAEL RYAN. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Michael Ryan of Presque in the District Placentia & St Marys fisherman.
I will devise and bequeath the sum of Three thousand Four hundred dollars "of which Thirteen hundred and Sixty two and thirty eight cent are deposited in the Royal Bank of Canada at Placentia a further sum of One thousand five hundred and Forty dollars deposited in the Royal Bank of Canada at Marystown and a further sum of Five hundred and four dollars deposited in the Bank of Montreal at St Johns" in the following manner.
- I bequeath the sum of One hundred and fifty dollars to the Parish Priest at St Kyrans for the benefit of the Parish Church
- I bequeath the sum of Fifty dollars to the Rev A Fyme P.P. of St Kyrans for the benefit of St Anthonys fund at St Kyrans also to Rev A Fyme P.P. I bequeath the sum of Fifty dollars to be used in erecting the memorial to the late Dean Doutney
- I bequeath a further sum of Fifty dollars to the Rev Mallick J. Fitzpatrick founder of St Josephs Union at New York.
- I bequeath the sum of Fifty dollars to the Rev Father Manley Rector Epephany Apostolic College Walbrook, Baltimore. M.D.
- To my brother Daniel Ryan I bequeath the sum of Five hundred Dollars.
- To my niece Minnie Ryan daughter of Daniel I bequeath the sum of Four Hundred Dollars
- To my sister Anne Ryan and my brother James F. Ryan I bequeath the sum of Two Hundred Dollars each -
- I also bequeath the sum of Two Hundred Dollars to each of my nephews. Martin Ryan Patrick Ryan and Vincent Ryan sons of the late Michael Ryan.
- I also bequeath the sum of Two Hundred dollars to my nephew Patrick Ryan son of Daniel Ryan
- To my nephew Michael Ryan son of the late Denis Ryan of Presque I bequeath the sum of One hundred dollars
- To my niece Elizabeth Ryan daughter of Daniel Ryan of Presque I bequeath the sum of One hundred and fifty dollars
- I also bequeath the sum of One hundred dollars each to my nieces Josie Ryan widow of the late Albert Ryan, Angela Ryan, and Maggie Ryan daughters of my brother Daniel Ryan
- I also bequeath the sum of One hundred dollars to the Rev Mother at St Michaels Convent Belvidere St Johns for the benefit of the Orphans at that Institution -
- I further bequeath the sum of One hundred dollars to Rev A Fyme P.P. St Kyrans for Masses for the repose of my soul, and the balance namely One hundred dollars I leave to defray expenses in proving my Will.
Signed by the Testator in our presence who in his presence and in the presence of each other hath here affixed our signatures as witnesses this tenth day of January One thousand nine hundred and twenty.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 30/24
In presence of
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb