John Randell deceased
This is the last will and Testament of me John Randell of Absolom, of Port Rexton in the Northern district of the island of Newfoundland. Fishermen. I hereby revoke all former Willsand Testamentary dispositions made by me and declare this to be my last will and testament.
1. Ihereby give devise and bequeath unto my two grandsons Alexander Randell and John Randell allmy land cultivated and uncultivated with Dwelling House and all other erections thereon togetherwith waterside premises with stage Flakes and all other erections. Share and share alike.
2. I give and bequeath unto my said Grandson John Randell my Bed and Bedding and my couch.
3. The balance of my household furniture I give and bequeath unto my three daughters Elizabeth,Mary Ellen, and Charity, share and share alike.
4. after my Funeral and administration expenses are paid and a suitable tombstone erected to my memory the balance of my money is to bedivided amongst my said three daughters Elizabeth, Mary Ellen, and Charity and mydaughter-in-law Martha Randell share and share alike.
5. The cow is to be left in charge of my daughter-in-law Martha Randell and when killed and sold the money has to be divided amongstmy three daughters Elizabeth, Mary Ellen and Charity and my daughter-in-law Martha Randell share and share alike.
6. I hereby nominate and appoint Frederick Somerton of Trinity Stipendiary Magistrate executor of this last will and testament. In witness whereof I hereunto setmy hand and seal this sixth day of November in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred andseventeen. John his X mark Randell [LS] signed published and declared by John Randell theTestator in the presence of us who at his request, in his presence and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses after first being read over and explained. James Randell of Port Rexton Frederick Somerton of Trinity.
Correct Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(In the margin next to this will the following.)
Estate sworn at $583.63
© 2004 Judy Benson and NL GenWeb