In re: SAMUEL KELLAND. DECEASED.
Know all men by these presents That I Samuel Kelland of New Perlican, Trinity Bay in the Dominion of Newfoundland, being in poor health but of a sound and disposing mind and memory, do make and publish this, my last will and testament, hereby revoking all former wills by me at any time heretofore made. And as to my wordly estate, and all the property, real, personal or mixed, of which I shall die seized or possessed or to which I shall be entitled at the time of my decease, I devise, bequeath and dispose thereof in the manner following, to wit.
FIRST. My will is that all my just debts and funeral expenses shall by my Executor hereinafter named, be paid out of my Estate, as soon after my decease as shall by him be found convenient.
ITEM. I give and bequeath to my honoured wife Rachel, all my household furniture, and one third part of the large meadow on Spelling Hill, such part is to be the middle section. To my daughter Paulina Mills and my son Edgar the two other parts the one taking the East and the other the West section.
All the rest of my Estate, real, personal, or mixed, of which I shall die seized and possessed, or to which I shall be entitled at my decease, I give, devise and bequeath to my son Edgar to have and to hold the same to him his heirs and assigns to his and their use and behoof forever.
And, lastly, I do nominate and appoint my said son Edgar to be the executor of this my last will and testament.
In testimony whereof, I Samuel Kelland have to this my last will and testament subscribed my name this 27th day of June in the year of Our Lord One thousand nine hundred and eighteen
SAMUEL his X mark KELLAND
Signed sealed and declared by the said Samuel Kelland in the presence of us and of each other.
Witnesses William Matthews Luke Pittman J. P.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following
Fiat June 28/21
to Edgar Kelland
June 29th, 1921
NOTE: ALSO ADD THIS PETITION TO THE TRANSCRIPTION
In the Supreme Court
In re Samuel Kelland, New Perlican deceased
Oath of Executor
Probate granted to
Edgar KellandOn the 29th day of June
Value of Estate $600.00
Vol. 7, Folio 619
To the Honourable the Supreme Court
Or to one of the Honourable Judges thereof.
The Petition of Edgar Kelland of Heart's Content, Railway-man Humbly Sheweth:
1. That Samuel Kelland, the father of your Petitioner, formerly of New Perlican but late of Heart's Content, Trinity Bay, Fisherman, died at Heart's Content, on the 29th day of March 1921, having first made and published as and for his last will and testament, the paper writing hereto annexed marked "A", which has been duly proven upon the affidavit of Luke Pittman J.P. hereto annexed marked "B"
2. That he left him surviving as next of kin, his widow, Rachel and one son, your Petitioner.
3. That at the time of his death he was possessed or property within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court of the value of $600.00, as shown by the Inventory hereto annexed marked "C", which is a just, full and true account of his said Estate,
4. That no Probate or Administration to the said Estate has heretofore been granted or applied for.
5. That by the said Will your Petitioner was appointed Executor.
Your Petitioner therefore prays that Letters of Probate to the said Estate be granted to him.
And as in duty bound your Petitioner will ever pray.
Dated, St. John's, June 24th A.D. 1921.
In the margin
28 June 1921
This is the paper working referred to by the ???? affidavit of ??? ??? This is the will referred to by annexed petition of Edgar Kelland.
Signed Edgar Kelland