Transcribed by Judy Benson & Ivy Benoit. While
we have endeavored to be as correct as humanly possible, there could be
some typographical errors
Newfoundland will books volume 8 page 411 probate year 1908
Will of John Churchward Shears|
John Churchward Shears deceased.
The last will and testament of John Churchward Shears I, John Churchward Shears do make disposition of my one thousand dollars policy with the Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York U.S.A. as follows:-
In the event of the early death of my daughter Helen Bayley Shears I desire that the above bequest or the residue thereof should be equally divided between my wife Margaret and my sons John, William and Frederic. I appoint as my Executors Mr. Samuel Templeman and Rev. Augustus G. Bayly signed John Churchward Shears This will was read and signed in our presence on 20th day of March 1908 (sgd) Samuel Templeman (sgd) Augustus G. Bayly
- I give devise and bequeath to my daughter Helen Bayley Shears the sum of $500 (five hundred dollars) to be invested in the Savings Bank St. Johnís for her education.
- I give devise and bequeath to my wife Margaret Shears the sum of $200 (two hundred dollars):
- I give devise, and, bequeath to my sons John William and Frederic $100 (one hundred dollars) each.
- Further I give, devise and bequeath to my wife Margaret a suit of furniture (bedroom):
- I give devise and bequeath to my son William, my gold filled watch.
- I give devise and bequeath to my son Frederic my nickel watch.
- I give, devise and bequeath to my son John one chiffonier and all my wearing apparel.
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
© Judy Benson, Ivy Benoit and NL GenWeb