IN RE: ELIJA ALLEY. DECEASED
This is the last Will and Testament of me Eliza Alley of Crabbes West in the District of St. Georges.
I appoint my son Abraham Executor of this my will.
- I give devise and bequeath to my son Abraham Alley my dwelling house, barn, outhouses, and all the land surrounding them, also my household furniture and effects.
- To my son Abraham the land which he has fenced and cleared on the half block of land situate on the big break. The remainder of the half block to be divided between my three sons Edward, Elija, and Abraham.
- To my sons Edward, Elija, and Abraham the block of land situate on Taylors road, to be divided equally between them.
- To my son Edward half of my cod-trap, mooring and anchors that belong to the cod-trap.
- To Jane Alley wife of Abraham the sum of one hundred dollars.
- To my son Edward the sum of one hundred dollars.
- To my son Elija the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars.
- To my son John the sum of one hundred dollars.
- To my daughter Mrs Alfred Butt the sum of fifty dollars.
- To my wife Annie the sum of four hundred dollars to be paid by my executor in half yearly payments of fifty dollars. Should my said wife remarry then she is to forfeit whatever balance that may be coming to her.
- To my sons Edward and Elija a piece of Hay land adjoining land of one George Harvey to be divided equally between them.
- The rest and residue of my Estate I give devise and bequeath to my son Abraham.
Dated at St. Georges this 5th day of August 1924.
(signature code) ELIJA his x mark ALLEY
Signed by the said Testator as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. The same having been first read over.
George T. Carty.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)