IN RE: WILLIAM J. BROWNE. DECEASED
This is the last will and Testament of me, William J. Browne, Priest of the diocese of St. George's Newfoundland and Pastor of St. Ann's Parish in the said diocese.
1. I give my soul to God and my body to be decently buried according to the Rite of the Holy Catholic Church.
2. I give and bequeath to William L. Norris, the house No. 41 Hayward Avenue in St. John's, Newfoundland with its furniture and appurtenances on condition that if either of his brothers Edward M. J. Norris and James Norris, should need it they must always find a shelter in said house. I give also to said William L. Norris, my interest in the ground on which said house stands: that is to say: the unexpired term of my lease of nine hundred and ninety nine years.
3. I appoint Vincent P. Burke of St. John's Newfoundland the Executor of this instrument, and I request him to procure, as soon as Possible after my death, the celebration of three hundred masses for the repose of my soul, and to pay three hundred dollars to the celebrants of said Masses and to distribute one hundred dollars in well directed charity, and to pay my funeral expenses, which I desire to be barely what cannot be avoided.
4. I am not aware that I owe any money, but, if it be shown that I do I request my executor to pay the same without unnecessary delay
5. My estate consists of the property No 41 Hayward Avenue in St. John's, Newfoundland, together with the cash and other property found belonging to me in the Priest's House Searston Newfoundland. The furniture in said Priest's House at Searston, belonging to me I give to my nephew Edward M. J. Norris above named together with my wardrobe.
In witness whereof I have set my hand to this my last will and Testament the 31st day of July in the year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and eleven. William J. Browne Signed by the above named William J Browne as his last will and Testament in the presence of us, both being present at the same time who in his presence and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. D. Summers J. J. Warren
D. M. Browning
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)