Roman Catholic Dioceses
There are 3 Roman Catholic Dioceses in Nova Scotia. These include:
- Archdiocese of Halifax - Governs Colchester, Cumberland, Halifax, Hants, Lunenburg and Queens counties.
- The Chancery Office does not make it records available for research purposes. However, most if not all have been microfilmed and are available in that form. Please visit the Archives Web site for more information.
- Diocese of Antigonish - Governs the counties of Antigonish, Guysborough, Pictou and the island of Cape Breton.
- The Antigonish Chancery has no custody of registers, therefore one must approach each parish individually to obtain this information.
- Diocese of Yarmouth - Governs the counties of Annapolis, Digby, Kings, Shelburne and Yarmouth.
- The Yarmouth Chancery has church registers, cemetery inscriptions and some secondary material. The researcher must do his or her own research here as no assistance is available.
Archdiocese of Halifax
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CANADA B3J 2Y3
Diocese of Antigonish
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
CANADA B2G 2L7
Diocese of Yarmouth
43 Albert Street
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
CANADA B5A 3N1
BACK to Nova Scotia GenWeb Project