Kings County Churches


Covenanter Church
Grand Pre, Nova Scotia

This church was erected by Loyalists, Scottish and Irish Presbyterians. Started in 1804, it was finally completed in 1811. The bell tower was added in 1818. There was no regular minister recorded between 1811 and 1827. Between the years 1827 and 1830, Rev. George Struthers of Glasgow, Scotland acted as the service minister. From 1833 to 1878, Rev, William Sommerville, a minister of the Reformed Presbyterian Church, or Covenanter Body, was Pastor. After several years of not being used, the church was returned to the Presbyterian Church of Canada. It is now the property of the United Church of Canada.

Church records available on microfilm through the LDS:

Church Records Years LDS Film Number
Parish St. Charles des Mines (Catholic)
Grand Pre, Kings, NS
Baptisms
Marriages
Burials
1707-1748
1709-1748
1709-1748
0883673..Item 3 /
0484099
St. Jean Baptist Catholic Church
Grand Pre, Kings, NS
Baptisms
Marriages
Burials
1702-1755/1731-1739
1702-1724/1731-1739
1702-1728/1731/1739
0484100
Baptist Church
Cornwallis, Kings, NS
Baptisms
Marriages
Marriages
Burials
- - - - - - -
1801,1804-1821
1802,1804-1822
- - - - - - -
0928970..Item 9
1376193..Item 1
St. John's Anglican
Cornwallis, Kings, NS
Baptisms
Baptisms
Marriages
Marriages
Burials

Burials
1783-1902/1823-1876
1830-1902
1783-1911
1783-1911
1830-1920
1830-1920
0928970..Item 11-13 /
0928971..Item 3
1376192..Item 3 /
1376193..Item 1
Methodist Church, Cornwallis, Kings, NS Baptisms
Marriages
Burials
1814-1827
1815-1827
- - - - - - -
1376193..Item 1 /
0928970..Item 10


Information on this page provided by Frank W. Daniels


BACK to Nova Scotia GenWeb Project