See: Lennox & Addington County
|This area of Ontario is covered by Lennox & Addington GenWeb. The information presented below is merely an outline of the county and does not include what is available for genealogical research for this area. For information on genealogical research of this area please visit Lennox & Addington GenWeb.|
In 1792, when the province of Upper Canada was first divided into counties, Addington County was the eighth county to be created.
Named for Henry Addington, Lord Sidmouth.
Had an area of 1,316,623 acres, and the main industries were lumber, wool and the railway.
In 1800 Addington County was united with the county of Lennox.
In 1852 the population of Addington County was 15,165
In 1860 Addington County and Lennox County were incorporated as the county of Lennox & Addington.
For further information on this area see Lennox & Addington County.
Addington County was located in South-Eastern Ontario.
1788-1792 - Mecklenburgh District
1792-1800 - Midland District
1800-present - Lennox & Addington
More maps of this area
Questions & Answers