Established 24 July 1788 as Lunenburg District. Renamed to Eastern District in 1792.
Consisted of the counties of Dundas, Glengarry, Grenville, Leeds, Ontario, Prescott, Russell & Stormont.
In 1798 Carleton, Grenville & Leeds were removed and established as Johnstown District. Ontario County was abolished (now known as Amherst Island).
In 1816 Prescott and Russell were removed to create Ottawa District.
"Population in 1842, 29,893."4
Eastern District was abolished in 1849.
More maps of this area
Questions & Answers
4 Smith's Canadian Gazetteer by W.H. Smith, 1846