In 1792, when the province of Upper Canada was first divided into counties, Lennox County was the ninth county to be created.
Named for Charles Lennox, Duke of Richmond.
In 1800 Lennox County was united with the county of Addington.
In 1860 Addington County and Lennox County were incorporated as the county of Lennox & Addington.
For further information on this area see Lennox & Addington County.
Lennox County was located in South-Eastern Ontario and is now part of Lennox & Addington County.
1788-1792 - part of Mecklenburg District
1792-1800 - part of Midland District
1800-present part of Lennox & Addington County
More maps of this area
Questions & Answers
2 Places In Ontario by Nick & Helma Mika, 1977
6 A Statutory Chronology of Eastern Ontario, 1788-1981 by Thomas A. Hillman