Established in 1816 from Eastern District, abolished in 1849.
Ottawa District was comprised of the counties of Prescott and Russell.
"The district is settled by a mixed population, consisting of French Canadians, English Canadians, Scotch, Irish, English, and Americans."4
"Population of the district in 1842, 7,944."4
Ottawa District was located in South-Eastern Ontario.
Prior to 1816 - Eastern District
After 1849 - see Prescott County and Russell County
More maps of this area
Questions & Answers
4 Smith's Canadian Gazetteer by W.H. Smith, 1846